Sinus infection please help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sueliza, Feb 11, 2007.

1. sueliza

sueliza New Member

I started with a sinus infection on my right side a little over a week ago. When the pain went into my upper teeth and jaw I went to the doctor on Thurs.

She put me on amoxicillan and I thought that would be the end of it. The pain was unbelievable and continued to get worse. I went back in to the dr on saturday and had a shot of Rocephin.

The rest of saturday the pain was so bad all I could do was sit there, hold my head and cry! It felt like 10 toothaches at once, a knife in my ear and another in my cheekbone.

I finally asked my dh to take me to the er at dinner time and they gave me percoset for the pain and a prescription to get me through til the antibiotics kicked in.

The pain yesterday, Sunday, was actually the worst yet! My husband made me take 2 percosets at once (i usually take half of any medicine!) and it took the pain down to a 4 and knocked me out enough I could rest a little.

I have tried everything - sudafed, saline, steam, hot compresses, motrin, I even did a lavage the doctor told me how to do and that just made the pain and pressure worse.

I don't know if i need to call my dr again this morning of if she would say there is nothing else she can do. I have had a lot of sinus infections in my life, but nothing even comes close to this pain.

I am sorry this is so long! Has anyone had this happen?

Thank you so much,
    Sue
  2. woofmom

woofmom New Member

Yes, I've had something very similiar. In 2004, after I spent between 15 and 20 thousand $, I got on the internent and found the cause. When I got rid of all artificial sweeteners, I made a miraculous recovery. Then a year and a half later I thought I had the flu or sinus "infection". I got on the internet and again found the cause. The air freshener stick in my bedroom was the culprit this time. I got rid of all fragranced products, hooked up my air purifier and again made a miraculous recivery.
  3. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

I, too, am a "sinus veteran".

When it hurts and there is actually little sinus pressure. It could be a migraine. My migraines are triggered by strong smells, food allergens, MSG (alias: monosodium glutamate, Autolyzed yeast extract, yeast extract, hydrolyzed vegetable protien), sulfites, tyramines, sodium nitrate/nitrite.

Your liver can break down the chemicals with detox herbs: dandelion root, milk thistle...

If its an infection, there is a yellow or green discharge for bacterial. Clear usually means allergy.

I use an old atomizer and spray into each nostril, either colloidal silver or Grapefruit Seed Extract (5 drops to filtered water). Salt water sniffed in also works in a pinch.

4. sueliza

sueliza New Member

Thank you all!

Prickles, they did change my antibiotic on sat to Biaxin and then I had the shot of Rocephin. I wish she had started me on something stronger to begin with!

I am doing nothing but resting today and I hope that pain is over.