Sinus Infections

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jesuslover, Nov 25, 2002.

1. jesuslover

jesuslover New Member

I don't post very often on here, but I also get chronic sinus infections (Fibromyalgia should be called "chronic everything". Sometimes along with the infections come a dizzy spell that beats all dizzy spells. Although I try to stand in one place until the spell passes, I have already fallen and ended up bloody and a mess because of it. I live in Cincinnati, which is bad for sinuses and allergies anyway.

2. jesuslover

jesuslover New Member

I don't post very often on here, but I also get chronic sinus infections (Fibromyalgia should be called "chronic everything". Sometimes along with the infections come a dizzy spell that beats all dizzy spells. Although I try to stand in one place until the spell passes, I have already fallen and ended up bloody and a mess because of it. I live in Cincinnati, which is bad for sinuses and allergies anyway.

3. Bunnylover

Bunnylover New Member

Hi JesusLover, I definately like your name. I love him too!!! My husband and I both suffer from sinus infections all the time. Ours are from allergies and we take Allegra for that and it sure does help. Dr. also perscribed nasalcrom which is great. I just recently recovered from the worst one I have had. I sneezed and all infection went into the ear. I couldn't here for 2 wks. A lot of people suffer from sinuses and it usually is allergies. Hope this helps and keep loving Jesus. Terri
  4. GAK

GAK New Member

Hey Jesuslover, from another Jesus lover. I've heard that FMS makes your muscles constrict which means muscles around your sinus' constrict also therefore chronic sinus problems are not at all unusual for us. Don't remember where I heard that so it could be wrong information but I've talked to others with FMS that have sinus problems. And I agree Fibromyalgia should be called "chronic everything".
    [This Message was Edited on 11/25/2002]
  5. Stormy214

Stormy214 New Member

I bumped this previous discussion to the top as I saw several questions regarding sinus infections. Hope there's something in it that helps!
    God Bless,
    Stormy
  6. fibolady

fibolady New Member

warm regards, fibolady
  7. achy

achy New Member

This worked for me after 20 years of constant sinus problems....quick easy and cheap. My ENT tried everything, my MRI showed my siunuses were completely closed up.

go to the store and buy a sinus rince bottle,
    most drug stores have them...or even sinus rinse kits.
    Also buy
    quart bottle
    canning salt (table salt won't work)
    and baking soda

Fill quart bottle wiht lukewarm water ADD
    2 tsp salt
    1tsp baking soda
    shake well

pour 6-8oz of water into sinus bottle
    bend head over sink and squirt water into one side of nose, it will drain out the other side...then rince out other side
    do twice on each side...sniff a little, then blow nose wiht MOUTH OPEN!!! I quarantee you that after 2 weeks of doing this once a day you will feel better than you ever have in your life!!

There is enough in quart bottle to last a week or so..I just leave bottles next to sink and do every nite before bed..gets all the gunk of of nose, you'll sleep great and won't wake up all stuffy.

Trust me....
    Warm fuzzies
    Achy
  8. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

since I have been on OLE (Olive Leaf Extract)..There are many discussions on this board on this subject...It is so effective especially in this area..

If you are interested, I could bump up an article and a post on specifics..

Plantscaper
  9. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

I have wondered if there is a particular brand of Berberine Complex that you recommend?..and if there are any contraindications to its use with Coumadin, which my mother has to be on with her DDs..many herbals are contraindicated with Coumadin...I know she has systemic candidiasis, and I think you indicated that Berberine Complex was effective, systemically..

Glad to see you back here,
    Plantscaper
  10. Shirl

Shirl New Member

(I love Him too!), Achy just posted for you, and what she said works for me too.

I will only add that you drink plain water, half your body weight in OUNCES of water a day, along with a quarter teaspoon of Sea Salt throughout the day.

I had sinus attacks/headaches for 15 years, mostly everyday! Since drinking the water and clearing out my sinus cavaties I only get an attack now and then now.

I live in Louisiana, so allergies are more than plentyful around here!

It has helped the allergies to the point I can even smell my Jamine's without getting an attack! Even the Goldenrods do not bother me anymore.

Give it a try, its cheap and the water if free!

Shalom, Shirl