Sinus Pressure/Neck Stiffness/Back Pain/Fatigue

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by EzTop32, Nov 12, 2010.

1. EzTop32

EzTop32 New Member

I have been concerned lately. I saw a doctor recently because I felt a lot of sinus pressure and have been very fatigued. They prescribed me an antibiotic and some Claritin D24. I've been taking them for a week but but my symptoms haven't gone away. I am also now having back pain and a stiff neck. I'm concerned because I am fatigued to the point where I can't do much and the pressure is of course very uncomfortable. Does anybody have any ideas or suggestions. Am I possibly resistant to the Antibiotics? Can Sinus problems be connected to neck stiffness and back pain? Am I having symptoms of anything else.
  2. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

ProHealth doesn't provide any doctors here, so you are getting the advice of members like you. Truthfully, when you are being treated for sinus problems and they do not resolve, it is best to return to your doctor. Your doctor may decide to scope you or do a CT scan to view your sinuses to see fully what is happening. When you see the doctor discuss the stiff neck and back pain.

It turned out one time my problem was that my sinuses were blocked. I then saw a D.O. doctor friend down the street who is excellent with chiropractic moves, acupressure, etc. and he worked on my face and although it hurt like heck, he was able to get the sinuses open and boy did they flow within a short time.

Since then, another CT scan found I have a polyp in the sinus under my eye and if that grows it will block the sinus and the doctor will have to take action.

So there are many answers, and your doctor (who has all your medical records and history) has to examine you to tell you what is actually happening. Good luck and hugs.
  3. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Your symptoms sound very much like a Borrelia burgdorferi infection. (Lyme)

A stiff neck is a classic lyme disease symptom, especially when accompanied by fatigue, pain and sinus problems.

Please read through this booklet...

http://www.lymepa.org/Basics2007v1.2Rev.pdf

and this one was written by a Lyme expert...

http://www.ilads.org/lyme_disease/B_guidelines_12_17_08.pdf

I suggest going to lymenet.org....click on flash discussion...sign up for free.....click on Medical Questions board.....read posts and post your own questions.

The longer lyme goes untreated, the harder it is to treat.

Unfortunately, lyme tests are very, very unreliable. Dr's mistakenly rely on them. Most people have a negative test even when they have lyme.

Get an Igenex western blot IgG and IgM, test #188 and #189

www.igenex.com

send for free test kit and ask your dr to order the tests. A western blot from a regular lab is not the same. the lyme screen/ELISA is so unreliable that it is worthless.

See if you can get doxycycline 200 mg twice daily for now.