sinuses and vertigo

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by zzchristianzz, Sep 8, 2009.

1. zzchristianzz

zzchristianzz New Member

Hi,

2 days ago i had two episode of vertigo as well as yesterday morning. They come suddenly and last about 5 to 10 minutes, and when it happens i have to keep my head still to relieve the vertigo. For the next hour or so i strongly feel that i cannot turn my head to fast to avoid the vertigo. I remember having this vertigo episode last year around the same time of the year and both times i was using my air conditionner in my small bedroom during the night and i had headache from sinuses congestion. Is it possible that stuff sinuses of infected sinuses can cause vertigo? Is it also possible that the air conditionner can affect my sinuses? This vertigo really concerns me since i am a city bus driver.

Many thanks in advance
    Christian
  2. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

Vertigo can have so many causes, including low blood pressure, and I went into an episode with migraines and the neurologist that treats me for migraines confirmed it. My suggestion is that you should see your doctor for an initial checkup and bloodwork to see if you are low on anything.

Make sure your filter for your air conditioner is changed regularly otherwise you will have large accumulations of dirt and dust and allergens and some people are highly allergic. If you suspect that your sinuses are involved, there is also the Sinusitis Board here and that would be another good place to post and see what they say. Good luck.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/09/2009]