Sinuses are killing me

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mdjaj2231, Apr 25, 2007.

1. mdjaj2231

mdjaj2231 New Member

I really need some help. I haven't been back to work in a month. My whole life is dizziness, pain and pressure. I've been on 3 courses of antibiotics--z-pack, omnicef, and avelox, plus a week on 40 mg/prednisone/day. I've steamed ginger, cayenne pepper, saline, done saline, baking soda, hydrogen peroxide drops and to show how desperate I am- cayenne pepper nose drops. I've taken garlic, acidophilis, zinc, vit. C. I get some relief when I have a chiropractic adjustment and he does acupuncture right in my bones around my sinuses. Today I started singulair. I'm getting an MRI and have a neurologist appt.

I hate to feel like this, but I can't imagine living my life like this any longer. I have a good life and a beautiful family, nice friends, a good job, but I feel like
    I have no hope. My poor husband's father went in for elective back surgery, and now they don't know if he's going to be paralyzed. I feel terrible being another burden. I feel like I have lost maybe 5 years out of my life from being sick with one thing or another. How am I aupposed to keep taking it?

I don't want to be bitter, but I eat healthy, rest, exercise, try to stay positive. What else am I supposed to do? I don't mind not feeling 100%, but I cannot function-can barely lift my head.

Thank you for any help you can give me. I feel so lost.

Miriam

2. fifthofanickel

fifthofanickel New Member

Boy, you have a lot on your plate. I have chronic sinusitis & recently bought an ionizer that removes allergens from the air. I put it in my living room during the day & bedroom at nite. Since using this for about 2wks now, my sinus' are much better..

I can breathe normally, the head pressure is gone, & I don't feel like a zombie. I am med. sensitive, so can't tolerate all the sinus meds. I was desperate also, & the allergy season is in full swing here.

Anyway, my daughter uses one & recommended it to me..I'm grateful she did, & I bought one. At first when using it, I got a lot of back of the throat drainage, but that is a good thing. Took the head pressure away.

And if you wanted to, (if the room ionizer works for you) there are personal ionizers you can wear around your neck at work, travel, etc. But get the one w/the most "pins" in them, or they don't work as well.

The one I have is; surroundair...just .com it. It's the XJ2100 model & they are on sale right now. They also have the personal ones. I don't require that one, as I'm retired & don't go out that much due to all my maladies...

Hope this helps in finding a solution for you..I know how miserable this can be. I will surely pray for your father-in-law. Back probs. run in my family also.

All good blessings coming your way;
    fifth
  3. moab341

moab341 New Member

I can really sympathize with you because several years ago I got sick with a sinus infection and took all the antibiotics like you and I'd feel better for a few days, then feel awful again. This went on for months.

Finally I went to an ENT and he did a CT scan of my sinuses and found a cyst in my maxilary sinus. it was blocking everything and so the antibiotics weren't working.

I had surgery which was out-patient and right away started to feel better.

Have you asked your Dr. do do a scan of your sinuses?

With all you are going through, it sure couldn't hurt.

I wish you well! Roni

4. mdjaj2231

mdjaj2231 New Member

Fifth, I will look into the ionizer right away. Roni, Do you think the MRI will be as effective as a CT scan?

I really appreciate your help, ladies. :)
  5. BKayB

BKayB New Member

I read about your sinus trouble and I also have suffered with it. I can tell you what has worked for me in hopes it may help you. First is no more putting any sprays in your nose. I got a BAD infection from using sinus sprays that caused it to worsen so bad it was an emergency situation that could have killed me had I not sought help. Lesson learned. I have found Stinging Nettle capsules (not tablets)to help A LOT, one of it's main functions is sinus health. I find Quercetin capsules (a bioflavonoid) to be more helpful for allergies than anything over the counter or prescribed. With both of those follow the directions on the label. And lastly, keep using probiotics - not only because you have had several rounds of antibiotics but because there are theories among truly health minded and nutritionally minded doctors that candida problems can be a cause of chronic sinus problems. So the probiotics will help with that but you may also want to experiment with a candida friendly diet. Hope you feel better soon :)
  6. mdjaj2231

mdjaj2231 New Member

Thank you for your advice. Where is the best place to get instructions for a candida-friendly diet?

:0
  7. mdjaj2231

mdjaj2231 New Member

Thanks. Do you swallow the cream of tartar. Don't mean to seem dense.
  8. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

check out nasal rinse/irrigation (lavage) by neil med. look up on web. is cheap and works.

also i take singulair and it helps alot![This Message was Edited on 04/25/2007]
  9. mdjaj2231

mdjaj2231 New Member

I mentioned that we have a mold problem to my chiropractor yesterday, & he said that is definitely part of the problem. He is a very easygoing guy, and just insisted we take care of it. I've got someone coming to test today. Will let you all know.
  10. Catseye

Catseye Member

I had sinus problems all my life and severe allergies to cats, pollen, dust, etc. Then I finally decided to research the net because I was sick of the stupid cold pills and nasty sprays like Astelin. I found that people were getting rid of their problems by giving up dairy. I tried it and it worked! It took about 3 months or so. And then absolutely no more sneezing, runny nose, red eyes or itchy face from hell. Apparently, for some people, dairy makes the immune system hypersensitive to other allergens, like cats and pollen. Now I can snuggle with my cats and I NEVER sneeze. It was the milk the whole time, not allergies.

It sucks at first to give up all cheese, milk (cereal and milk was the hardest to say goodbye to), ice cream, cream cheese desserts, and just everything that contains even a hint of dairy. But the results are worth it. It's been a couple of years now and I don't miss them, I've just learned to seek out other tasty foods instead. It does take at least a month or two to get most of the dairy out of your system, so if you try it, don't give up too soon.

good luck!

karen
  11. fieldmouse

fieldmouse New Member

I put 1/4 coloidal silver with 3/4 water in a nasal sprayer and use it 3-4 times a day for nasal stuffiness and sinus infections. If you can get some good silver, try it. I get mine made so its alot cheaper and more pure than you get at the store but I do know you need to get the coloidal silver not any of the others that just say silver or anything else. Give it a try. It works great for me. Last time I had a sinus infection, it was gone in about 3 days usung that. Just a suggestion but I thought I would share. Good luck and sorry you feel so bad....Hugs, Mick!
  12. mdjaj2231

mdjaj2231 New Member

Thank you. Karen, I just finished complaining to my husband that I've been off dairy for a month to no avail. I'm glad I read your email before chucking that. Mick, I'll look for the colloidal silver.
  13. mdjaj2231

mdjaj2231 New Member

Thank you. i tried grapeseed extract actually a few months ago. Was on for about 6 weeks, before the sinus problem. It didn't work for me. I'm glad it works for you. :)
  14. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

Hi Miriam,

Try reading my bio, a number of paragraphs down where I talk about BPPV. Then write back if you have further questions. I'm easiest to find on my current Famvir status report, since I can miss other things if I'm not on the board for a little while.

To read my bio, click my name to the left of this post.

Best, Lisa