SIS Are you being evacuated?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by fivesue, Aug 15, 2007.

1. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Just heard there is a fire close to the town you live in?

Are you safe?

Stay safe, friend. Post when you have a chance!

2. sisland

sisland New Member

Thanks for checking up on me! as far as i know the closest fire is still in the 20 mile range! there are 20 some burning now in MT! Lots of smoke in the air!,,,,tolerable today though!

Fire fighters saved 6 homes yesterday with the spray flame Retardent Blanket stuff,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,along way south of here......

They said the fire came within 10 feet ,,,,,,,,,,,,,oh scarey!,,,,,,,,,,Hope you and Felix and dh are havin' a good day!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hugs!,,,,,,,,,,Sis
  3. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I thought it was your town they mentioned today, but glad it isn't! Glad the air is better. We had some fires to the east of us here last year, and everytime we went east, the air was awful...all summer. Husband and asthma didn't do too well.

What town does your dad live in? They mentioned another town that I thought maybe he lived in.

Maybe, I don't know.

Just glad you are OK and out of range right now. Terrible fire season.

Felix is sleeping upstairs on the spare bed, DH is at work, and I just finished getting my teeth cleaned. Going to do some Pilates exercises...gentle ones!...

You have a good day, and thanks for posting so quickly. I ws concerned.

4. sisland

sisland New Member

sorry it took me so long to get back to you! My Dad lives in Eureka about 100 miles north of here!,,,,No Threatening Fires in that Region yet!

The big Threat right now is in a Town called Missoula thats where my middle Gal and her Husband live,,,,,,,,,,,,,,about 120 south of Hear ,,,,,,The Outskirts are threatened right now along side a maijor Hwy,,,,,,,,,,I'll keep you posted!,,,,,,,,,,,It's scarey but keeps us on our toes!,,,s