sisland...... looking for baking advice

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Asatrump, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Hi Sisland,

Budnickl said I should give you a shout as a baker.

I had purchased four chocolate chip cookies at $1.50 per cookie. They were the size of a CD disc. Very even in thickness, perfectly formed.

I thought they would make great token gifts, like my grandson has FIVE coaches on his little fifth grade basketball team. Just give one giant cookie wrapped pretty in cellophane.

The name of this bakery is the Purple Hippo, I googled it and it was there in Dewitt NY. The actual store is tiny, but evidently they sell to many restaurants.

Any help.. I had another post here on chit chat, various ideas talked about, but none of us coming up with what I think would really work.

Thanks. Asatrump
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

Hello
    Thanks for asking my advice! I can only tell you what i would do to get them to turn out like that,,,i can't guarentee that they will be perfectly formed however,,,,,

Heres the Recipie,,,,,,,,

Chocolate Chip Cookies
    Oven=375 (Pre Heat)
    1 cup Butter flavor crisco
    1 cup Brown sugar
    1 cup white sugar
    2 eggs
    2 teaspoons of Vanilla
    Mix togeather Very Very throughly!!

Add: 1 tsp salt
    1 tsp baking soda
    3 cups Flour
    1 Tbl spoon milk

Mix togeather with the first 5 ingredients AGAIN (Very Throughly) Add to this one 12 oz bag Chocolate chips until well mixed,,,,,,,,,

Lightly grease a (Air Bake Cookie Sheet) the large one,,,,,,,use a 1/2 cup measureing cup to place them on the cookie sheet 6 at a time,,spacing them evenly,,,,,,,,Bake at 375 degrees for 12 minutes,,,

Let them cool on the cookie sheet,,,,,,,Remove to a wax papered covered surface and package them in the clear see through bags lined with wax paper,,,,,,,,,,,Good luck!! let me know how they turn out! This is a very great idea for gifts!,,,,,,,,S
    [This Message was Edited on 11/28/2007]
  3. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Wish I knew how to copy your recipe, but I will hand write it out.

I have air bake pans.... should I use parchment paper?

One recipe I saw said to use cake flour, would that make a difference?

Another recipe said to add 1/2 cup sour cream for moistness?

Should I put hot cookies on wax paper or let them cool some on the parchment pan?

I really appreciate the time you took to help, and hope the ladies who replied to my first post will peek at this as we seemed to all be scratching our heads, but at the same time licking our lips savoring what could be something delicious!
  4. sisland

sisland New Member

Wax paper and parchment paper are the same thing,,,,No need to line your cookie sheet with it!,,,,,Just use regular flour if your going to use the recipie above,,,,,,,,,,,,,,No sour cream in this recipie,,,,if you follow this recipie then they should turn out fine,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,S
  5. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Just one more thing, lololol when can you come to help me!

I have to get some ambition up and would need all fresh ingredients!