Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by doxygirl, Sep 17, 2007.

1. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

Hi It's Doxy,

I didn't realize that you were starting a cookie business also!!!!!!!!!!!

Iam in the process myself.....since you are in Montana and Iam in Ca maybe we can share some helpful hints......

my business is geared to "delivery service" special orders....and I have a sales person that goes around by foot....actually I have done very well so far.....

juat wondering how much you charge for your cookies, how big they are, etc I have nver thought about doing mail orders and wonder if that is working for you?

Baking is my passion.....but also I just have to find something financially I can do to get out of this abusive Iam keeping my fingers crossed my cookie business goes well..........

It is so nice to know there is someone else here who has the same passion as I ;)

I wish you the best of luck to my friend.......

2. sisland

sisland New Member

I'm sorry for not seeing your post to me sooner!,,,,,I'm Slow sometimes! lolol!

Well i got the idea for doing this from an articale i read about a girl that was doing it for college money! and she was very succseful at it!

So~~~~ Since i was trying to find a way to supplement my ssdi income this seemed like it would work,,,,,,,So far it's going well,,,,,,,

I'm a little leary at calling it a buisness because of ss,,,,,i'm just listing one batch at a time on e-bay,,,,,,,

Giving people alot of options,,,,,for example Regular or Organic ingredients,,,,,,,,,,,,I've been doing this for years (Baking) so it is something i love to do and it is a natural part of my life anyway!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

The reason i'm selling on e-bay is because it's the easiest way for me to do it,,,,,,,,you can check it out at "Cookies and Biscotti" on e-bay if you type thoes words into the search box,,,,,,,,,,,,,

They are called "Glacier Country Cookies" There are alot of contenders out there so its a patience Thing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

if you have a person to deliver for you that's great! Up here in Montana you have to have a buisness licence to sell out of your home,But not for e-bay!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Goodluck Sweetie i hope you have fun and Make some money also!

Let me know how your doing!,,,,,,,,,,,,Sis
    [This Message was Edited on 09/18/2007]
  3. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

It is exciting to know you love to bake and are in the same position as Iam! ;)

Iam determined to do this no matter what it takes!

My friend owns a pizza restaurant and he is letting me use his ovens to bake in while I build my business.....but Iam trying to buy a used oven and other equipment I need....

I do not want to get a loan and then have that "overhead" so I think if I take it one day at a time I will eventually succeed........I will purchase as I can afford!

Iam 50 years old this Nov so I think it is time for me to do "something" with my life and this is what I love to do......Iam just too sick to work for anyone else....and sorry to say that most employeers I have worked for are abusive, or greedy and Iam done with that!

Being sick I cannot tolerate having to worry about someone else's baggage!

The shows I have watched on tv about others who have started a business from scratch all say the same thing " you must love what you do and then you never work a day in your life"!!!!!!!!!!!

How far do you live from Coeur d'Alene Idaho? We were planning on moving there but when my Grandson came along that changed everything for us ;)

Our last visit we were going to check out Montana but ran out of time.......I still want to check it out you love it there?

BTW how much do you charge for you cookies? I charge 1.50 each cookie but my cookies are huge......a few people where I live complain but honestly at 1.50 I am not making all that much when you take into consideration ...gas, elec, baking ingredients, my time, packaging, etc .....

Well, write back if you have a minute or two......I will keep your business and you in my prayers for success, and anytime you feel like it let me know how things are going!;)

Iam rooting for you Sis! ')