Sit down and cant get up!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JPach007, Sep 24, 2005.

1. JPach007

JPach007 New Member

Here's a not so funny one for you all...
    I woke up this morning stiff as always, so I worked at a slow pace all morning (work from 8-12), and I sat down next to this dogs cage to try to get him to eat. I really wasnt on the floor that long, but when I tried to get up, my hips felt like they were locked in a different position! I had to actually stand there and try to stretch them so I could stand up straight and walk. Now, 6 hours later, my hips feel bruised. All that pain, and I didnt even do anything except sit on the floor!
  2. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

Once my husband had to come in and help me get up from the toilet! As for the pain-theres no rhyme or reason to it-it just happens.Hope you feel better soon.Linda
  3. JPach007

JPach007 New Member

Hi Linda,
    Thanks for sharing your story with me! I read your bio and you sure have had a tough time. I'm very sorry for all that you have gone through. Hopefully after getting settled in CA. will help you.
    On a positive note, I have a Sheltie also. He's 14 years old, in great health, and is as smart as ever! His name is Spencer Alexander!
    (((((Hugs))))),
    Jessica
  4. stinker56

stinker56 New Member

I read you bio. I too have trouble with stiffness and getting up and down. I have learned thru the years that I can't sit down any lower than my knees are because it hurts too-too much to try to get up. I got down on my hands and knees one time to get a spot out of the carpet where my dog got sick and couldn't get up. Of course I was home alone. Our dog is a 14 y/o black lab with health problems so I don't mind cleaning up after him but when I got down to do so, I couldn't get up. I had numbness in my lower legs and severe pain in my hips. I rolled over and laid there for quite some time stretching and trying to get up my nerve to try again knowing it was really going to hurt. Finally I rolled over to the sofa and pushed myself up with my arms but while I was laying there, my loving dog came over and laid down next to me staying the whole time I was down so it was all worth the pain and effort. I have him along with four cats and love them dearly and yes I too, talk to them just like they are human and to me they are! Hope you are feeling better.
    Stinker56
    [This Message was Edited on 09/24/2005]