Site that interprets blood work?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bambi, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Bambi

Bambi New Member

I thought I saw where someone mentioned there are websites that interpret blood
    work. The doctor looked at me and said all was well; kidneys, liver,slight elevation in white cells etc etc etc.. but I got home and it has a page that says "Antigen detected....Suggested Disease Association. It goes on to say high titers - SLE
    Speckled Sm, RNP, SCL-70SS-A/SS-B.....SLE, MCTD,Scleroderma
    Necleolar SCL-70, PM-1/SCL.....SLE, MCTD Scleroderma
    Centromere Centromere.....PSS w/Crest syndrome variable

I have NO clue what that means but it doesn't sound to me like "all was well"??? Any guesses?
  2. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Go to labtestsonline.org. Enter search for test if it's not in their scroll menu!
  3. Bambi

Bambi New Member

very good. Mixed connective tissue Disease, overlapping blah blah blah.
    Boils down to bad news on road to Lupus among other things. This test was done last APRIL and I called several times for results. Was told it was fine but they would have the doctor call me, they never did. So I eventually forgot about it.

I have progressively felt worse lately and thought I was now having a pretty bad Asthma involvement. Looks like it may be something entirely different. And none of it good. Don't know whether to laugh or cry. Maybe I'll do both. LOL!
  4. Bambi

Bambi New Member

5. Bambi

Bambi New Member

6. Bambi

Bambi New Member

Bump! Need suggestions. Scared!
  7. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Initial blood work that suggests high titers with ANA can vary wildly from lab to lab and they always suggest possible diseases such as SLE etc. It is routine for the lab to suggest these to protect themselves. In the past I have had really high ANA with the speckled and exactly the same readings you are seeing now. Went to different lab and got different reading that seemed even higher! Really scared went to Rheumy who sent me to another lab and did double stranded tests that all came back fine. Stop scaring yourself and request follow up on double stranded DNA for specific antigens. My Rheumy told me that 9 times out of ten, because the initial labs tend to be inaccurate, the further tests are for "rule out the above" usually and most turn out OK. Even re emergent mono can show as high titers, I have had this twice now, it's the EB Virus that lies dormant and re emerges when one is under stress or infection.

Also, when lab takes the tests, they often keep the rubber band on too long (not meant to be on for more than 50 seconds), and this can alter the draw itself. But again, this test you are seeing the results from is only suggesting to your doc that you may need further double stranded tests to rule out. OK? So make sure you get those.

It is worth pointing out that radiologists also sometimes write scary looking things on MRI reports to cover themselves, especially with focal flairs on brain scans-again, they list "suggest" causes,that range from migraines to strokes and worse, when in reality, nearly everyone has some flairs that usually are harmless. I got scared by this once.

Have your doc run the next round of tests.
    Good luck, stop scaring yourself, Love Crom