Site to obtain veteran's service records

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TwoCatDoctors, May 26, 2012.

1. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

Below is a site for veteran's or the family of a deceased veteran to obtain their military service records and military medical records. It may be of help to someone here.
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I see you are being your usual helpful self again.

Are you still wearing your puss in boots braces? Hope you are
    feeling better. I trust Shelby and Cesar are taking good care of

I was looking on the net at bumper stickers and T shirt slogans last
    week. Found a whole page of military stickers, e.g. "My daughter
    serves in the U. S. Miliatry."

And lots of funny ones. "I thought I was indecisive, but now I'm
    not so sure."

3. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

My Dad had died last year and I was wanting to get more info on him and I know he was in the Guadalcanal battle and knew the military had him hopping through islands with other soldiers and in the jungles too. I knew he was badly wounded and returned to the states and in the hospital there for nearly a year.

That's how I came across the above website and I hope to get some info. Sometimes it's hard for soldiers to discuss their service, particiularly when it was so brutal. But veterans that are still alive might want their service or medical records and the site is a fast way to get them.

Yes, I'm still wearing my ugly braces with my shorts and I only wish they looked half as good as Puss In Boots and I could have that swager like Puss In Boots. Maybe the trick is to learn to ask for "Leche."

My cats are doing very well and Shelby was watching a program called "My Cat From Hell" about cats that are viscious, attack, bite, etc.

Shelby saw the cat program and said "what do you expect if you name your cat "FiFi" (obviously a poodle name). It undoubtedly caused a break in the dimensions of time and space and forced through an alternative universe cat--a viscious attack cat named FiFi. WHO CAN FORGET the Star Trek episode where good Kirk and Spock met bad Kirk and Spock from an alternate universe."

Anyway, the good cat guy named Jackson helped place the universe back in order and "FiFi" and her humans back to being normal. So Shelby said us humans have to watch how we name cats.

But wait, Jackson didn't say anything about an alternate universe cat or to be careful how we name cats. I don't know if Shelby is telling me the truth!