Six Week Body Makeover

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by alaska3355, May 24, 2007.

1. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I've been hearing about this program more and more- has anyone here had experience with it? Good or bad? I need to do something!
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

I've heard of it but have never tried it,,,,,it seems like thoes programs work for the short term,,,,,,and then you have to start all over again when you get sick of doing it and your back to square one.,,,,,,,,,,,,,imho lolol,,,,,,,

But What i found works fairly well is to do alot of stretching,,,on a yoga mat or I throw a blanket down on the floor,,,after the meds kick in of course and then,,also I drink alot of water,,,,at least 2 liters a day,,,,,,,

and try my best to walk every day! But I'd say #1 on the list is the stretching,,,,i got a Yoga book and that really helped,,,,,

,Also the whole grains fruits veggies and lean chicken, fish, and Turkey Everything, Jerky,,,,,hot dogs ,,,,,,,I Know you've heard it all before,,,,,,,

If you put a packet of sweet & low or splenda in your water bottle along with a small amount of Lemon juice it almost tastes like Lemonade,,,,,

I also put a peppermint tea bag in the water bottle,,,gives it flavor!,,just some ideas,,,I'm on the same path as you!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hugs!,,,,,,,S
    [This Message was Edited on 05/27/2007]
  3. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Sorry, since I'm not in the states I haven't seen this but......

Since being dx in Dec with borderline Diabetes but with severe hypoglycemic problems, I had to learn how to eat all over again.

I spent a miserable few months learning by trial and error.

What I finally ended up with was eating 7 times a day in small portions (cause trust me when you HAVE to eat every 2 hours it usually has to be a very small portion because you're not even hungry yet)

Eating this way allows your body to keep your blood sugar levels even (or close to even) and it raises your metabolism too. Each time I'm feeling like low bs, it's time to eat again.

Also, I finally cut the sugar from my coffee and don't have sugary foods throughout the day. This has eliminated my horrible carb cravings. I used to be fine all day but like a pig at night devouring anything I could get my hands on that wasn't good for me.

Anyway....I've lost 20 pounds this way and continue to lose more weight just more slowly right now. I had no idea that this would be an added benefit, I just had to start eating differently, I was so darn sick.

Now sugary foods (processed) make me physically ill. I do eat carbs and have to to keep my blood sugar levels where I need them to be (again the hypoglycemic issues).

Blood sugar levels contribute greatly to our energy levels, and no wonder I always felt like passing out with my very low levels. Now that my blood sugar levels are kept even my energy usually stays pretty even through out the day.

Sorry if I butted into your thread....

Nancy B

4. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I agree that diet is not a quick fix- it's a new adopted lifestyle. I need to get exercising and hopefully that will keep me out of the kitchen!!

5. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Just wanted to mention that I haven't exercised in years and years, but the weight is just melting off just from my dietary changes alone.

Nancy B