Sixth Peptide Injection Today

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, May 1, 2012.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Nurse did it. Talked with doc a minute out at the front desk. He has an intern working with him. He was telling him about my reaction to the first injection. I have Sjogren's and my eyes and mouth were bone dry. The night of the first inj., my eyes teared up and ran and I was salivating like a dog over a pork chop. Then, it normaized and has remained consistent wth only a couple of mild flares for a day.

The day of my injection, I always rest and do nothing stressful in order to give the shot a better chance, even tho it's not necessary. So, not much to tell. I'll post more later. So far, so good. I have more energy now and can exercise a bit without having it put me in bed for two days. Definite progress. I'm about half-way through the usual number of injections.

Love, Mikie
  2. CelticLadee

CelticLadee New Member

I have been wondering how you have been doing. Haven't seen ya around so figured either you were doing good so were busy or not so good so resting. ;) So glad to read things are going well enough for you.

Half way through treatment already almost doesn't seem possible. Does the doc know if typically the first half goes so well will the second half follow same path?

3. deepak

deepak Member

Dear Mikie,

Been missing your wise guidance on the board :).

Wish everything goes superb for you.

Lots of love,
  4. MicheleK

MicheleK Member

Hi Mikie,

Since I am new would you explain what your peptide injections are and are they being given to relieve? I have a friend with Sjoren's so your post about having water in your eyes and such caught my attention.

So many people with other autoimmune diseases later go on to develp Sjoren's, so the subject is timely.

Hope you got your rest in and very happy for your progress.

5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I appreciate all your support and interest.

Leah, you are always a great comforter and inspiring presence. Thank you.

Dee, Each person is different so each person's experience with the injections is different. Generally speaking, one will feel something from the very first injection, even if it only lasts five minutes. How long each injection lasts depends on the number of receptors on one's cells. My doc believes I have many receptors. Age and length of illness also play a part. A teenager may only need one shot! I'm old and have been sick a long time so I'll likely do the twelve-month regimen. I hope that is enough. Basically, I think the most exciting healing has taken place and what remains will just be more energy and ability to do more, like tolerating being out in direct sunlight. I'll continue the updates. It's nice to hear I was missed. It's also good to see you posting.

Deepak, I've been around but not posting as much here. I had a virus for a week and had to postpone the injection. Thanks for your always-kind posts.

Michele, this treatment has been around for more than 30 years in Europe where it was developed at Oxford University and a research facility. The premise is that people with illnesses often have incorrect sequences of peptides in their bodies. Research has found a way to synthesize the correct peptides and lengths of peptide sequences. When injected into the body, the body eventully learns to correct the incorrect peptides with the correct ones. This is pretty new in the US. There are only about 25 docs doing this treatment. They have to have extensive training to evaluate patients and give the first shots. If a patient doesn't live nearby, he or she may be able to have subsequent sera sent to his or her own doc to inject. The injection I get is called the HS serum and is a wide-spectrum serum for immune and autoimmune illnesses. I have CFIDS/ME, FMS, Sjogrens and, likely, interstitial cystitis. It is very sweet of you to ask for your friend. If you do a search here for peptide, you can look at prior posts from me and others here.

Again, everyone, thank you for your interest.

Love, Mikie
  6. Saoirse3

Saoirse3 Member

I am so happy for you and your success, and so excited about it, I thought to myself "Maybe, I'll try and talk the local D.O. into doing this. It would certainly be worth it, if he would start doing this for his patients!" So I called his office and asked about it. His nurse answered and after a lot of mumbling and what they THOUGHT I didn't hear, the nurse says "No, the doctor does not do that!" What I heard, from the DOCTOR, was - "What's a PEPTIDE?" Jeez, I learned that in high school biology! I said "Umm...never mind".

Hope the dog sled with the penicillin arrives soon! LOL!
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This is really sad! I think I might have to reconsider him as my doc. E-mail Dr. Dakos at and ask if he knows a doc in your area who does the peptide injections.

Love, Mikie
  8. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I'm glad to hear you're still maintaining your good results!

Best wishes,

9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Please see my response to your post. I am hoping and praying that your doc can help you.

This time everything is different because I've been off my meds for so long. It was more than a week when I finally got to start back on them yesterday. Also, fasting is hard on me. I had to do it twice because of my lab appt. yesterday. It's often not til the last two weeks, or even one week, that I feel really well.

Hang in there, Kiddo.

Love, Mikie
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Do you know what they call the doctor who was last in his class in medical school?

Sad, but true. We've all had our share of ignorant docs in our search for answers. Even some of the smart ones treat us horribly. I've been blessed with some really good docs but have also been abused by a few.

Love, Mikie