Sixtyslady (an apology)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by blueseat23, Jul 17, 2006.

1. blueseat23

blueseat23 New Member

Dear Sixtyslady,

Thankyou for your kind words.

I think i owe you an apology for my somewhat flippant response
    to your postings of the last day or two.

I'm afraid i've had a bug up my a*** for the last
    coulple of days which is my way of describing myself when i become irritable for NO apparent reason.

Being English i'm afraid I thought your post sounded a little bit "Calafornian" insofar as they have A certain insincerity when wishing everyone to "have a nice day". I also thought that considering the amount of daily posts
    that are consumed with peoples problems despair etc,that both the subject matter and replies were somewhat trite in comparison.

However i now realise that you were entirely sincere in your choosing this subject matter and in doing so did your best to try to get people to focus on the positive things in their lives and not the negative ones.

I'm afraid i allowed my cynicism and irritability to get the better of me for which i apologise.

"sorry"
    Theo.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/17/2006]
  2. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

thanks for the apology.
    I"m sincere about trying to find a few good things in every day. but I know where your commimg from I"ve been there and still feel like that sometimes.

it just helps to see so many good things in peoples lives and before you know it ,you start to notice good things in your own day.
    I"m not trying to make lite of our d.d.,but for me I just can"t live in this hole anymore,I have to find something good and joyful again in my life, yes I cry and get angry.
    I figure if I can just find alittle joy everyday, its worth getting up in the morning.
    hugs and sunshine sixtylady
  3. jake123

jake123 New Member

Love your name, you must be from my generation! People had to be tough to survive those times = Vietnam, drugs, Kent State, etc.

It was a hard time to be poor. My dad died in 1961(no insurance) when I was in the 9th grade and my mother had never worked as well as had never driven a car. (She was English - a war bride).

I so wanted to go away to college, to be on my own, to be away from my on again off again stalker boyfriend but I couldn't leave my mother. I finally persuaded her to take Drivers Ed. which was a scream because she was so tiny she could barely see over the steering wheel!
  4. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

yep I"m one of those 60,s kids.
    really have had some hard knocks in my life, but like you said we"re surviors. we had to be.
    went thru a nasty divorce, left with 3 little girls to raise, then got remarried and we combined familys and raised his, mine, and ours,

to the total of seven. not alot of money but alot of fun times when the kids where little.
    Still going but a whole lot slower. blessings for today .playing in the rain with Grandkids.
    Sixtyslady