Sixtysladydid you find your diamond?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ckball, Mar 21, 2007.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

I also wanted to share what happened to me yesterday.

I am having a roof and a porch put on. So I was busy with the the lady contractor while her partner worked on the deck.

When she left I sat down to check my email and such and reached up to my earlobe and my 1/2 carat diamond stud was missing.

My left earlobe whole had been ripped a while back and the hole is larger than most normal ones. So I wear those screw back large discs on the back because the regular smaller posts put threw the front of the ear.

I sat there for a minute and tried to stay calm. They are my grandmother's diamonds, they used to be a ring, the 3 stone style and I made earrings out of 2 of them and have saved the 3rd stone for something later for my grandaughter when she turns 18.

I had been all over the house, out in the yard so it could have been anywhere. So I stayed calm and thought what I could have done. It came to me to look in the bathroom, I had taken a long whirlpool the night before and washed my hair.

I went into the bathroom and looked in front of the tub and there is was, with the large disc still attached. I must have pulled it out while drying my hair with the towel.

I thanked god first and then thought of you. I hope your either found the diamond or the jeweler was a good person and replaced it for you.Carla

2. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

I just feel so down right now that i can"t think of even talking to the people where we bought it .
    I did e-mail them but haven"t heard anything from them.
    I"m just to tired to have to argue with anybody,I have to save my strenght,
    have you ever felt like that?
    I feel like if I push myself I"m going to go down in a hump.
    I can't take any stress at all.
    Maybe I will find it someday.
  3. ckball

ckball New Member

you are feeling so bad. Remember it is just a material thing and you still have the ring and the memories of getting it and the spirit it was given in. That ia what matters.

I do understand that feeling "if I have to do just one more thing I would lose it and come tumbling down.

I was there the last two weeks, then after looking for a year for someone to build my back porch, then meet someone on a Fri and they start working a week later. So now I have to get up and move, make decisions, ect. I had had a bad couple of weeks. But it has turned around and I am feeling better, and getting stuff done.

Sometimes we get stuck and forget how to move forward until something makes us do it, Maybe you and DH could start with a nice dinner somewhere, then she how it goes.

I still have faith you will find that litte bugger just when your not expecting it. I would still check the laundry and shower. But you can put a very nice CZ in it place if nothing else pans out. Prays and hugs to you-Carla
  4. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

I"m just so down right now I can"t think straight.
    been reading the post but just don"t answer to many.
    It hurts to think,now I know that sounds stupid ,but thats the way I feel.
    I don't know if I picked something up from when my son had a sore throat,or what but I feel like crap.
    I think I'll find my diamond to,I just have faith its in this house somewhere.
    thanks again sixtyslady