SJ

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Rafiki, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

Looking for you to offer encouragement!

I hope you are holding up! I hope you are letting all your friends know how they can help and what's going on. I am beyond humble when I consider all you are doing! You are amazing!

I know dear Rain is still your angel!

Hey, where's Rain?

Ok, I'm off again. I'll be checking in.

Peace, courage and strength to you and yours!

Rafi

2. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

Long time no see! Hope you are feeling well. Haven't seen rainbow in a while either. How is the weather where you are? Not sure where you are? Springtime seems to be coming, then going. Always the same around here. We get teased with a nice warm week, then it snows! The Robins are here though. I've seen some bugs...and a white butterfly. My tulip bulbs and others are popping up. Love it all. It's getting green and colorful out there.
    Stay well, love, Cynthia
    [This Message was Edited on 03/23/2009]
  3. Sacajawea2

Sacajawea2 Member

Thank you Rafi (love that!)...you are very encouraging to me! Yes, I've got TWO friends going with me tomorrow...fist thing in the morning. I'll let you know how things go...

I went w/ son to a college this evening (pooped, oh boy) and the thrill for me there was that he had put down that he would be living with me for at least two years...this one is too private and too pricey but it wasn't a wasted trip to see it in black and white, as well as hear him describe who his family is...lots of pressure from the other side to reject me but that shows me definitely worth the fight! He knows the truth, I'm sure of it now.

Rain, yes, she is still my angel (she says she's no angel but she is, lol!). I think she's literally in her garden...that time of year. Maybe she'll pop in!

Take care of you and know you're in my thoughts and heart!

Love Ya,
    Cindy
  4. Sacajawea2

Sacajawea2 Member

Hi to you too-- it's painpian here, this is my new name...
    Spring sounds so lovely the way you describe it...I saw robins today too!

SJ
  5. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

that you changed...now I remember. I was wondering who Rafiki was talking to. I best try and remember, but as you may know, hoping you don't have that brain fog, but I do.
    Yes, spring, it's one of my favorite seasons. Fall being the other..I like color. Guess I'm a colorful person, in case you couldn't tell. :)
    Good talking again! Take care of yourself, love Cynthia
  6. springwater

springwater Active Member

Nice to see you....popping in and waving...sacajawea..good luck with your mission..loved to hear that about your son.

God Bless, all, love you
  7. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

Springwater, can we all meet in the picture on your profile?! I would like to have this conversation in your garden while we drink chai. I don't know if Nepalese chai is different from Indian chai or Tibetan butter tea. I love Indian chai but it's best from a street vender in a cup of dubious cleanliness. Why is that?!

Rain, Rain, Rain... you are SJ's angel. You are an angel. How 'bout that! And, forgive me for being a little bit irreverent with your teacher and beliefs but, I knew there had to be a better reason for golf courses than running around over hither and yon trying to hit a little ball into a hole with a stick! :eek:)

SJ, Lion Mama, putting out good energy and sending it your way. Amazed at your courage and strength as always!

Peace all,
    Rafi

ETA Cynthia, did you think I was talking to myself?! Well, sometimes I do!

[This Message was Edited on 03/24/2009]
  8. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

You talk to yourself too? lol...
    I forgot that PainPain changed her name. When you posted SJ...I'm going, say what?!
    I'm sure you figured that one out. But yeah, if I can talk to myself, I'm sure others do too.
    I have some pretty good conversations with myself. (ok, not often) BTW, so does my husband. :) Does that say anything about our age?? I like to talk to my plants. Do you think that helps them grow? I do. :) I talk to my dogs, my bird.....oh, and now my fish. :p
    Peace to you my friend...Cynthia
  9. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

I'm not the only one...that actually answers my own questions too. That's too funny.
    Yes, definately, soft spoken words to my critters and plants also.
    You and I sound a lot alike, I think I said that before. As a child, as a teenager, and now as an adult, I've always talked...a lot. No to say that you talked a lot as a child. Trying to remember if I answered myself waay back then. Those childhood memories are fading more and more.
    Cynthia
  10. Sacajawea2

Sacajawea2 Member

my body/brain=
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

mentally=
    AAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

that's all I have to give for now...yes, beam us up to the garden. I'll take butter tea. And cynthia...lol...yes it's me! And I talk to myself too...to the tv too!

Lionmama needs a body transplant...anyone willing? I feel like I've hunted for real...oh man...the scooter was such a winner...okay, melting away....

SJ
  11. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

You screamed right off the board! Look -- it just goes on and on... You must be so profoundly tired.

You are the Lionmama for sure!

yay for the scooter fairy!

to bed with you!

peace and quiet...

rafi
  12. Sacajawea2

Sacajawea2 Member

I hope it didn't hurt your ears, as the second one (mentally) was supposed to be "ahhhhh" as in relief...went well...but I think it got drowned out by the physical...
    I didn't sleep at all last night so best believe I can't wait for slumber! Have to wait for the 3 to come home (meeting). I may listen in , I may just sleep thru it. Hope I feel better tomorrow. I even cooked dinner!

It's all quiet now :)
  13. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

Ahhhh...so much pain today. I canceled on my Mom and Dad, disappointed them because they wanted me to go.....I just want to lay down but the puppy will chew the legs off the table.....I have reading to catch up on.....paperwork for the attorney.....(tear), how will I ever manage?

grrrrr, did I say that out load.

See, even I talk out loud...and can type it while I talking...lol!

Just wanted to stop in, be silly, say HI!, and go...can't you see I'm busy!! lol

Deb!
  14. Sacajawea2

Sacajawea2 Member

Yes, I did see it and have been too wiped out to respond...tried to sign in earlier and changed my mind--too much effort to sign in, lol...

I've been slammed by FM pain like I haven't experienced in I can't remember how long...a lot going on and I rode that scooter over cobblestones, thresh holds, up curbs and in and out of three buildings yesterday...def need a more comfy cushion and sat too long...but had to be done but I'm still rattling inside myself. I have a day or to two recover before back to another building...this time I will avoid the outdoors until I am more adjusted or stronger.

So sorry you had to cancel, I sure hope they understand...but it doesn't make it any easier sometimes, does it.

Are you feeling any better? I had to get out the "real" meds and got a new gel for pain so I'm doing a bit better...just stuck in bed.

We will manage...just keep saying it. If you want to say it otherwise, say it in your pillow, the pillow will understand, and then say "we will manage" out loud. What other choice is there?

How are your girls? I bet you gave them a scare!

Love ya,
    SJ
  15. Sacajawea2

Sacajawea2 Member

And here I went and deleted-- I didn't know if you'd get what I wrote here to you...I hope you are okay...cheers to you!

SJ
  16. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

I was just coming to find you. You must be totally shattered from your efforts! I could well imagine the bone jarring you got on your crusade for justice. And, you even cooked dinner! I don't know how you do it, I really don't.

I haven't seen "Joy" on SNL, save but a brief clip, but I know a lot of people like Joy Behar. Joy is soooo much like some women I know - one of them is my xMIL who has the same "Who cares???" attitude about everything that might irritate her -- very good strategy! What is so good about it is that one gets to voice a little irritation while letting it go. Joy is brilliant at that. So's my xMIL. May you master it!

I'm fine. Eldest stepson and partner had a little girl. Did I tell you that? Xhusband is willing to say that he has a grandchild but not that he is a grandfather. :eek:) She's a beautiful wee creature! We're all very grateful to step's lovely partner for coming along and, with step, changing everyone's life.

Stepd still has mites in a serious way but since she moved to avoid them they are less active here! Youngest stepS now thinks he has them but is not sure so confusion reigns!

What thread am I in? I'm sure this is all off topic!

Rest! Rest! Rest!

Peace and my deepest respect to Lionmama!
    Rafi
  17. Sacajawea2

Sacajawea2 Member

Yes, it was like going on a rollar coaster...at least it felt that way afterwards. I'm not used to sitting up that long and will be more careful from now on. I am doing much better this afternoon, thanks to my reserve of meds, lotions and my bed...I'm not cooking dinner tonight though-- son is right now!

The SNL Joy is sooooo hilarious...the character w/ a five o'clock shadow waving her arms w/ that accent...in this case it was appropriate that it came to mind...arhhhh! No use in speaking your mind in some situations but it's all evident, and really, ya just have to laugh.

Yes, congratulations to you on that grandbaby (is that easy for you to read, the grand part?)...he'll be changing his mind soon and letter her call him whatever she wants...my kids call my parents the German "omi" and "opi".

This is your thread...to me and we are all fine...hey--RAin has a lovely voice! She's out in the garden or in the stalls or getting feed or something so glamorous...it's raining here.

You say mites are better for YOU w/ kid gone? Is she getting better or passing them on? My mom said try smearing yourself w/ marigolds...crushed marigolds mixed w/ eucerin cream or pigs fat....ancient german secret!

SJ
  18. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

forget what I said about the mites being better. I spend so much time every day on the phone and computer with kids talking about mites and I think: how does SJ deal with having kids in the house and being on a mighty crusade?! You have my most serious admiration. I will try the marigolds but this vegetarian will not do the pig fat thing. Enough about mites. I am so weary of mites. If kids call tonight I'm letting the machine get it. How wonderful are you? You can't let the machine get it!

Strangely, I'm not wild about the "grand" thing either! I'm so surprised because I judged friends who chafed at it when their kids had kids and wondered what their problem was. LOL! I think one should be ok with it after 60 but I'm still too young. Yes, I hear myself! Judge not... I say to me! I'm always learning that one: Judge not lest ye be judged. Over and over again, I learn that. Anyway, she's totally and utterly adorable!

Anyway, I don't know how you do what you do! I'm exhausted and almost everything I do, I do lying down. I did get up today and leave the apt. for an hour but haven't for a few days and I'm wrecked. I also had to shower mites off me and I rarely do anything else on the same day I shower. And, there were phone calls. Way more than I usually do in a day.

You are super woman! But, I can only assume that you are in dire need of some very serious resting!

Let us devote ourselves to rest!

Peace and quiet,
    Rafi
  19. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

Scared to sh*t out of the kids...excuse the language but can't think of a stronger word...lol!!

Rafiki....you can say "HI"...lol, ignore me not!!

Rain....come share some of your wisdom with us all....the angels are a comfort to me.

Can you all please pray that someone finds and turns in our lost dog to the shelter? I am so worried about her, she has been sighted but never caught for the last few days. Cookie please come home.

SJ...back to you, my parent understand and are great! I too have been suffering with really, really bad pain as well!! I'm sending a gentle hug your way.

In fact all of you should consider yourself hugged.

Just being a little maudlin here....but all of you are so important to me. You help me deal with this DD, offer suggestions and prayers. Thank you all for being who you are!!

Hugs,
    Deb
  20. windblade

windblade Active Member

I don't want to disturb your rest, but just wanted to congratulate you on the new baby in your family! What wonderful, joyous news. Great blessings to this new precious child!

Also, just wanted to mention, that you are so on my mind with your mite situation. I just wanted you to know that I am praying for you everyday - and also for the others who are suffering from this. I can feel the suffering involved - exhaustion with it all also.

Wow - you are dealing with such highs and lows in your life.

Rafiki - another topic, but I love your gift of 'naming' people. Seeing the essential qualities in each person, when there are so many things in this world that 'un-name' us. It is a very valuable gift to have and use, and brings a great life force, life-affirmation with it. One of your gifts as a teacher, which you bring to us.

Hello to everyone!

Peace and Blessings,
    Judy