Sjogren's and Fibro Does anyone have both?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mompain, Apr 11, 2008.

1. mompain

mompain Guest

Does anyone have Sjogren's Syndrome along with their fibro? I have been diagnosed with this and the symptoms that I gave with both of these are very hard to deal with. Not only do I have the pain, fatique, and sleep problems that come with the fibro, but I also have a dry mouth, pain while chewing anything that requires alot of chewing, dry eyes, and other pain and fatique problems.

I would love to hear from anyone that has both of these illnesses.
  2. momof27

momof27 New Member

3. mompain

mompain Guest

Thank you so much for your post. You and I sound so much alike in all the things that we have that is almost scary!! It is also nice to know that someone else suffers like I do.

Right now, I am teaching school but my doctor says that I need to retire. I plan to do this at the end of the school year but I do have many things that I want to do when I retire. I know that my body will only allow me to do it at a slower pace than I am now. I also know that I am not able to work full time. The pain is too great when I do. I had a radiofrequency procedure on my neck a week ago and so far, my pain level is still TERRIBLE. I hope that it is just not well yet and is not going to be better.

I am so very thankful that I have a wonderful, supporting doctor. She has Sjogren's herself, so she totally understands.

Again, thank you for responding and for anyone else that can add to the comments. I wish everyone well.
  4. triggerpt

triggerpt New Member

I have Fibro and now have recently been diagnosed with Sjogren's. This explains the dry eyes and mouth and sensitvity to bright lights. My ANA SS-A was positive. This is often seen in those who have Sjogren's as I have been told by the doctors.

It is indeed hard to deal with, especially the fatigue and insomnia. My eyelids are always heavy and I have dark circles and puffiness that is not releaved due to the lack of sleep and the dryness of my eyes. I use alot of eye drops and have started to use a humidifier in my bedroom at night.
  5. dollinitup

dollinitup New Member

Sjogrens and Fm/Cfs and psoractic Arthritis. It's the PITS.
  6. shery

shery New Member

I was diagnosed with Sjogren's Syndrome and fibro about 4 years ago. I mostly ignored the fibro diagnosis, and figured the pain was all from the Sjogren's. I was at the Sjogren's Syndrome Foundation national conference in April, and they had a session on fibro, because alot of people have both. I learned that the pain of Sjogren's is more joint pain, and since my pain is mostly muscle, tendon, etc, I figured that I do, indeed have both. I take Restasis (perscription eye drop) that helps with the dry eyes, and Evoxac (perscription pill that helps give me more saliva). I also take Provigil for fatigue. I have tried a variety of things for pain, still working on that area.