sjogrens

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by RocRGurl, Sep 22, 2002.

1. RocRGurl

RocRGurl New Member

Hello all My Rheumy is driving me nuts!!! She says my ssa is negative but my ssb is positive and I tested positive for the sjogrens antibodies. She's sending me for a lip biopsy. She said if that comes back negative then she doesnt think I have it. I am way confused. Also has anyone ever tried black seed oil? I read in a magazine its supposed to help immune disorders and they are even studying its use for cancer. thanks again for all your help Michelle
  2. RocRGurl

RocRGurl New Member

Hello all My Rheumy is driving me nuts!!! She says my ssa is negative but my ssb is positive and I tested positive for the sjogrens antibodies. She's sending me for a lip biopsy. She said if that comes back negative then she doesnt think I have it. I am way confused. Also has anyone ever tried black seed oil? I read in a magazine its supposed to help immune disorders and they are even studying its use for cancer. thanks again for all your help Michelle
  3. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

and it came back negative. I had so many symptoms of Sjogren's & it's treated differently than fms...that's why I had to have mine done.

The procedure itself wasn't too bad, but I would ask your dr/dentist (whoever's doing it) to give you a small script for pain killers for the first few days afterwards.

If you do a general search on Sjogren's, there's an organization, but can't recall which one it was, that had some good info abt symptoms, tests, & treatments. You could also try here, & ask questions on the Lupus board. (Click on message boards up top & Lupus is on the right)

Welcome to the board, keep us posted on when you're going to have it done & how you make out, k? Take care, Michele
  4. Cindi

Cindi New Member

My Rheumy diagnosed me by my "symptoms." I have a VERY dry mouth - always have a water bottle with me,and extremely dry eyes and nose. He told me he was sure I had it, but sent me to an Opthamologist to be sure. the opthamologist did a Shirmer's Test on me, They insert a small piece of filter paper under the lower eyelid to measure tear production. Because this was conclusive for me, the doctor didn't feel that a lip biopsy was necessary.I make sure that I drink a lot of fluids, use artificial tears 3 times a day for my dry eyes, and saline nasal spray as needed.
    I know a lot of the statistics for Sjogrens, but since I have FMS, Lupus and Sjogrens, it really gets confusing trying to figure out what is causing what!! At least you're not alone in being confused! BTW, do you have any symptoms of Sjogrens??

As for the blackseed oil, I don't know anything about this, but would be interested if anyone has any info on it.

Hope this helped some!

Hugs-
    Cindi