Sjorgens Syndrome

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by ChazII, Jun 8, 2003.

1. ChazII

ChazII New Member

Hi there, I have been researching and trying to beat a number of health troubles. I have FMS, RA,High Blood Pressure, Sjorgens Syndrome, Cancer, and ANA. Needless to say a few of these I have had a hard time finding data on some, and none on others. One of the hardest for me is the SS. All I know is my eyes are constantly dry, and I lose sight regularly, I have had to break down to not driving any more because of this. I was told by my Rhumatologist that I had to get a chest x-ray annually bacause of the SS, and I am real curious as to why. Please understand I just found this board, and have had these diagnosis' for over 16 years, since I was a teen. I still know as much about this one as I did back then. Help. Charlie
  2. bbmelton2003

bbmelton2003 New Member

Charlie, I know some of what you are experiencing. My sight was seemingly getting worse and I went to the doctor and was told my cornea's were like sandpaper due to dryness. He recommended an OTC cream, Lacri-Lube Ointment. It can be purchased at Walmart. I have had some problems geting it so when I find it, I stock up. There have been other creams, etc. recommended, but this is the very best for me. Hope it works for you. Good Luck. Barb
  3. linda2

linda2 New Member

hi i have sjorgens this was a hard illness to find out about i have dry eyes and dry mouth ( spit cotton)i use eye drops and it is real important to see dentist and let them know because this really will cause major dental problems if not taken care of i also take salagrens 10mg four xday it seems to help