Skelaxin and Zoloft????????????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KristyW, May 13, 2003.

1. KristyW

KristyW New Member

Well i went to the doctor's yesterday and he put me on skelaxin and zoloft for pain and to help me sleep. He really upset me yesterday (new doctor) he acted like he didn't believe in FMS and told me i was to young to have it.I can't switch dr.'s until my year is up, so now i am stuck. He thinks i have myofascial pain syndrome. I told him whatever i have weather it's MPS or FMS i need help. My body is killing me. So he put me on these meds. Anyone else been put on this and did it help you? Has anyone gained weight on Zoloft?

Kristy
    [This Message was Edited on 05/13/2003]
  2. KristyW

KristyW New Member

I take 800 mg suppose to every 6-8 hours. Doesn't that kill you taking so much?

Kristy
  3. KayL

KayL New Member

I've taken it in the past. As I've posted before, I've taken several different muscle relaxers; the one that works best for me is Soma, but you will get some relief with the Skelaxin. For your myofascial pain, will your doc write a prescription for physical therapy for you? That would help you too.

Karen
  4. KristyW

KristyW New Member

I am going to see a chronic pain doctor tomorrow at 12:15 p.m. Hopefully she can help me.

KristyW
  5. benton

benton New Member

Kristy

I just wanted to wish you good luck at the doctors tomorrow. I hope they have some answers for you and that they are helpful.
    You need all the help you can get with this illness. I have to wait until my doctors appointment on June 2nd, hopefully i can get some pain relief too!! Good Luck...

Mandy
    xx