sketchers shoes for balance

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by little, Sep 3, 2010.

1. little

little Member

I have been wearing sketchers shoes for almost four years. They have helped with my balan ce. I used to trip all the time. I have to wear a mans size 8. Womens do not fit good. They cost around 75 to 90 dollars. I check around and I have been able to get them for 45 to 55. Pennys and Sears. I can go more places and I can walk longer. They really support my feet great. They also help with leg pain. I have to wear them all the time. I can not go back to the other shoes. I hope that this helps . We all can use a little help with this illness. There are so many issues with this DD. Have a great day. LITTLE
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Never heard of Sketchers. (My dad used to have a pair of shoe stretchers though.)

I am a little older than you. Have been having balance problems for the last
    couple years. Will check out Sketchers at Sears and Pennys. Thanks for
    the tip.

3. quanked

quanked Member

Which style are you recommending?

I use to wear a paticular Nike style years ago and I recall that that did fit well and did not cause the problems that some athletic shoes caused me.

4. Denamay

Denamay New Member

I bought myself a pair of Sketcher Shapeups, not expecting too much, just thought that I would try them.

I am 71 years old and have a bad foot not related to fibro.

I made a trip to England about six weeks ago and I thought that I might need a wheelchair for my travels.

But to my amazement the shoes did the trick.

I managed to do quite a bit of walking and enjoyed my trip very much!

I can't say they help fibro pain, but they sure have helped my bad foot.

Take care Denamay
    [This Message was Edited on 09/04/2010]
  5. little

little Member

The pain that I'm refering to is the pain that I got when I was not balanced on my feet. It gives me good support so that I don't agravate the fibro pain in my legs and feet, ankles. Being off balance would make the fibro pain worse. Anything that I can do to lessen the pain I'll do.Thank you for answering my post. Little
  6. little

little Member

I get the ones that look like sneakers. People don't know that I'm wearing men shoes. Thank you for replying. Little