Skin changing color

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by darude, Apr 20, 2006.

1. darude

darude New Member

I'm a fair skinned English rose heheheheh. Well I was now I look deeply tanned (nope NOT been in sun). People think I've been on vacation. this happening to anyone? Today my daughter said you have a great tan but you haven't been anywhere,
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Maybe you've been eating a lot of TANgerines?

You bought some skin lotion and didn't notice it said "Instant sun tan" in small letters?

You've invented a new symptom?

Beats me. I'm glad it isn't painful.
  3. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

I'd look for something in my diet. my s-i-l- was actually quite orangey at one time - forgot what he was eating. And lots of green tea makes his fingers turn yellow-green.
    Yuck!
  4. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

My friend went orange when she ate a lot of carrots. However, you need to have your liver & kidney function checked.
  5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

You are so much fun. And you are looking just lovely.

I have a leather sofa just that shade of tan. You must come over and sit on it sometime.
  6. Juloo

Juloo Member

Have you looked into Adrenal problems?

The reason I ask...I'll quote from the AMA's Home Medical Encyclopedia..."Symptoms of the chronic form of Addison's disease [deficiency of corticosteroid hormones] include tiredness, weakness, vague abdominal pain, and weight loss. A more specific symptom is darkening of the skin in the creases of the palms and pressure areas of the body, and most particularly in the mouth. The darkening is caused by excessive production by the pituitary of the hormone that stimulates melanin production..."

Please don't ignore this symptoms if there is no obvious reason for it to be happening. Quite a few CFS patients find that they are adrenally insufficient, and some can range into the medically-apparent Addison's disease.