Skin Discolorations??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sisland, Oct 15, 2006.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

Wondering if anyone eles has thiis problem?? I Have it around my ankles! Not sure if it's part of the disorder or maybe from Tanning?
    Something eles to worry about!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,S
  2. fieldmouse

fieldmouse New Member

I don't have that but it sounds like something that should be checked out.

I have lots of little spider veins on my arms and chest. Kinda wonderinf what they are caused from....Like you....something else to worry about...~hugs~Mick!!
  3. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

I have blotches of pigmented skin on my legs, arms & hands, but worse - on my face. I have them above my upper lip and on my cheek. I hate them. Have asked docs about them but never get much of a response.

My current doc thinks it is part of the dysautonomia - adrenal fatigue. Adrenal problems can cause discolorations.

Some spotting with age is normal but mine have all come on quite young. The ones on my face happened all at once right after my pregnancy which might point to adrenal involvement.

Don't know if this is much help, but for whatever it's worth...

Sofi
  4. sisland

sisland New Member

Hi
    thanks for your responce's
    I'm sure it might be an age thing also Almost 49! The Adreanal Gland is something to look into! I'm just thankful it's not painful!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,S
  5. bkayclark

bkayclark New Member

I got Mylasma overnight. They say it's from hormones in pregnant women, but at 52 I can tell you I'm not expecting. It is enhanced by the sun and is usually on the upper lip, chin, forehead and cheeks. I had about 5 laser procedures and it's gone also by using Triluma (prescription). Of course insurance doesn't pay for any of it, but now I wear SPF 50 and stay out of the sun as much as possible. Even florescent lights can make it come back, so I put on sunblock everyday, because an hour in the sun unprotested and it ALL comes back. I say it is in relation to FM, as I was tested for adrenal problems, but that was all negative.

Good luck, as I hated having it on my face, it looked like I had a beard!!