skin hurting?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by blueski31717, Aug 11, 2006.

1. blueski31717

blueski31717 New Member

Hi, just wondering about some of my symptoms, has anyone here ever had their skin hurt? I mean if someone touches you very lightly it really hurts? My daughter can barely touch me and i cringe with pain on the skin its not a deep muscle pain. I feel so bad when she wants a hug and I have trouble just getting touched. She understands but I feel bad.
  2. jinlee

jinlee Member

My skin also hurts. I had bilateral shoulder surgery two years ago and the skin all over my upper body feels like it has been scalped, well I have never been scalped but I suppose that is the feeling it would be. Feels like nerves are on top of the skin instead of under it. Some days it hurts just to wear clothes, not to mention bras. Those tend to be just for going out in public.

I get so tired of people slapping me on the shoulder in greeting or just to get my attention, etc. It hurts.

My husband always forgets and touches me wrong and I scream out and then he feels so bad. It is awful when touch, which is something we need to thrive, hurts to darn bad.

Hope you get feeling better.
  3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

on my face for a few days this week, it was so weird, the pain was just on the surface, not deep like you said.

I've also experienced it on my arms but it never stays long.

I dont understand it sorry, seems like some sort of nerve ending pain????

love
    Rosie
  4. pstar

pstar New Member

I have this also. I think the pain is called myofascial. Sometimes my skin hurt when the wind blows.
  5. blueski31717

blueski31717 New Member

Yea kinda feels like you have a very high temp. but is tempory. Don"t feel so bad now.
  6. Astarte

Astarte New Member

It's what made me think I was getting the flu all the time. It still happens, now I know what it is.