Skin Pain on Foot

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dhcpolwnk, Jan 10, 2006.

1. dhcpolwnk

dhcpolwnk New Member

This may have absolutely nothing to do with fibromyalgia (it may be related to my MS), but it does involve hypersensitivity; so I thought I'd ask about it.

For quite a while now, I've felt some irritation on the top and outside of my feet, especially the right foot. For a while, the skin around my ankle bone on the left foot was so irritated (and dry) that it cracked open and bled. I've been putting moisturizer on my feet for the last month or two, but now the irritation is getting bad enough that sometimes it hurts to wear shoes. It even hurts when the bottom edges of my pants touches the skin.

While this has been going on, the pigmented purpura I've had on my feet and legs for several years has been spreading up my legs. (The doctors I've seen about this, including a dermatologist, didn't seem very worried about it. But I haven't mentioned the irritation/pain. Maybe the two are connected.)

Does this sound familiar to anybody? I'm not even sure what questions to ask--or which doctor to ask!

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

--Laura R.M.
  2. dhcpolwnk

dhcpolwnk New Member

According to my dermatologist, there is no tissue damage. She thinks it's neurological. My neuro wants me to take an EMG/NCS test (two nerve conduction tests) to try to isolate the area that may be responsible for the pain. As I said, it may be neuropathy associated with my MS. The test is scheduled for Jan. 30. If the cause hasn't been determined after I get the test result, I'm supposed to see my dermatologist again.

Has anybody else experienced anything like this associated with fibromyalgia? I've seen conflicting reports online, some saying that neuropathy is associated with fibro and some saying it's not.

--Laura R.M.