SKIN PAIN WITH FMS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CLRDAY, Oct 17, 2002.

1. CLRDAY

CLRDAY New Member

I am having skin pain, prickling, itching between and under my legs. I have no visible symptoms so the dermatologist has dismissed me with no help given. Does anyone else with FMS experience this and/or do you have any suggestions for relief? I have tried about a zillion ovc remedies and a lot of alternative ones with no long term relief. The pain is at its worst in the late afternoon and evening.
  2. CLRDAY

CLRDAY New Member

I am having skin pain, prickling, itching between and under my legs. I have no visible symptoms so the dermatologist has dismissed me with no help given. Does anyone else with FMS experience this and/or do you have any suggestions for relief? I have tried about a zillion ovc remedies and a lot of alternative ones with no long term relief. The pain is at its worst in the late afternoon and evening.
  3. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

The best thing I have found for skin itching is a product called Sea Breeze. It is available in the cosmetics section at most major drug stores. It comes in several varieties, but what you want is the original formula. It works for bug bites, rashes, minor sunburn, & lots of stuff. It has the added benefit of being relatively inexpensive - $2 - 3 for a bottle that should last a year or two. With sunburn, you will think you poured on napalm for about a tenth of a second, then ALL the pain is gone. The stuff is great! Hope it helps you,
    Kathryn
  4. pepper

pepper New Member

and I think I will look for it if it is available here in Canada.

I have never found anything to help with the skin pain but I have had severe itching that gets worse as the day goes on - it's the worst in the evening. Benadryl used to help but then I developed an allergy to the pink dye in the caplets. The doctor told me to try Allerdryl by emptying the capsules into the back of my throat (they have pink dye in the outer part of the capsule too.) That helped.

Aveeno cream and Aveeno baths also are great - the bath stuff has oatmeal in it. Perhaps plain oatmeal would be just as good.

Then when I thought I was going to go insane with the itch - my eyeballs and the insides of my ears were itching, my doctor put me on Diflucan and the itch went away in 10 minutes! I am now concentrating on getting rid of the candida since it seems to be playing a big role in the itch.

If the Sea Breeze doesn't help, you might want to consider some of these things.
    Good luck. Pepper
  5. Spedding

Spedding New Member

-[This Message was Edited on 11/11/2002]
  6. Wuame

Wuame New Member

"I am having skin pain, prickling, itching between and under my legs." Me too. I've also had, for a while, skin pain on my right arm, of course I am right-handed.

Good to hear about the Sea Breeze & other stuff. I also find gentle lymphatic massage that stimulates the lymph glands to pump & remove body toxins better quite helpful.

Wuame
  7. herblady

herblady New Member

my problem seems a little different. when i have a flare, not only do my joints and muscles hurt, my skin hurts too and is sore to the touch. does anyone else have this? cindi
  8. Ponygirl

Ponygirl New Member

I too have very sensative skin on the inside of my legs right above my knees. Along with the flare ups this HURTS. Dr. said it was just part of FMS. Havent tried Seabreeze but will give it a try. Seems to me that was good skin care product for my teenage acne. I'll bet the smell brings back memories. Do you ever get those feelings?? English Leather and Brute remind me of old boyfriends. I have very sensative sence of smell too. Must be the allergy thing. Anyway, thanks for the tip.
  9. PMangels

PMangels New Member

Herblady, I have the same problem as you. I can hurt to be touched on any given day whether hot or cold outside. My skin will even get a burning sensation at any point on my body. It feels like I got burnt from something. It hurts a lot. Just yesterday, my toes on my right foot burned so bad I could hardly stand it. It doesn't last long...maybe 15-20 min. but feel like someone lit a match to me. I don't know what to do for it either. Does anyone have any idea?

Arlene
  10. kadywill

kadywill New Member

my skin has been so tender and sensitive for years that I bruise when I scratch. It feels as if I'm bruised all the time, but I'm not. My clothes hurt my skin at times.
    Kady
  11. Copper2002

Copper2002 New Member

you know, how your skin feels so fiery if your fever is real high. Even the "pressure" of an overhead fan becomes too much to tolerate. My whole mood, et al, hits the waste basket when this strikes. For me, seems to be when I've overdone EVERYTHING and am totally exhausted. I find it is also accompanied by loss of appetite(but, this is a GOOD thing!), headache, and uncomfortable(not really painful, more like thick) swallowing. Sleep makes it go away.

I have also always had real itchy skin. Mom used to cringe scratching my back long and hard with a stiff hairbrush,lol. Can't take that anymore, but the itch is still there non-stop. The drier my skin, the more the itch, too.

Copper
    Let Miracles Replace all Grievances
  12. Wuame

Wuame New Member

My skin also tends to be very tender, especially in areas where the pain is flaring, like my right arm right now. Even a light touch can bring a sharp pain, much less bumping against something. Usually I can wear only shirts of soft material texture, and I rarely wear a belt anymore unless I have too; I need clothes loose.

Wuame
  13. Fairyeyes

Fairyeyes New Member

Yes, my skin hurts. sometimes it feel like somebody is mashing their thumb in the middle of a non-existant bruise, all over, just from the slightest touch.
  14. herblady

herblady New Member

i'm thankful that this only happens during a flare. and it DOES feel like i have the flu or something. cindi