Skin peeling on hands

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sheryl, Mar 25, 2003.

1. Sheryl

Sheryl New Member

Hi'
    I just noticed that the skin is peeling off my fingers and the palms of my hands. Anyone know if this can be related to FMS? Has anyone else ever experienced this? I use alot of hand lotion,

Thanks and hugs,
    Sheryl
  2. bejo

bejo New Member

I've never had anything like that happen.Maybe someone else here has.((((())))) bejo
  3. 2BPainfree

2BPainfree New Member

This can sometimes be attributed to depleted adrenal glands.
    Maybe try B complex, vit C, and a adrenal supplement? Couldn't hurt!

Susan B
  4. phenom

phenom New Member

hi sheryl.

my boyfriend's hands peel when the weather is ever so slightly humid. the moisture does it. if there is dry heat, he's fine. maybe you are using too much hand lotion? or have an allergy/sensitivity to one of the ingredients? maybe try switching brands to a sorbolene/hypo allergenic one and see how it goes?

phenom
  5. Kelly12

Kelly12 New Member

Ask your Doctor to check your Potassium level (blood test). Meanwhile try eating a bananna a day and see if that helps. They are very high in Potassium. It will take a while to notice a difference.

Take Care

Kel
  6. Sheryl

Sheryl New Member

Thank you all for responding. I will give everything a try.
    Sheryl
  7. dianep

dianep New Member

I have had this problem ever since i got this dd. I tried many things even rx creme. It seems its worse in the spring and the fall then any other time of year. My nose has also started doing the same thing and my doc has no clue to way this does this. It's not caused by too much cream it has something to do with our systems but as to what is still the mystery.
  8. cookie54

cookie54 New Member

I had the skin peeling off of my left hand only for several years. I had seen a few Drs about it and nothing helped. I was at BAMC and seen a Dermotologist, he ran some test on the skin that was peeling. I went back 3 times and on the fourth time they ran the test and came back and said it was a fungus and he perscribed this cream to me and within 4-5 days it was cleared up and has not came back. It was in Nov 02 when he figured it out and this is the end of Mar 03. The cream he gave me is NAFTIN, if you could get your Dr to try this I beleive it would do the trick.

Jay
  9. david_olenick

david_olenick New Member

sheryl, i was taking some seaweed stuff to assist my thyroxin production. i was shocked to see my hands pealing. if you are taking anything with iodine, stop and the peeling should stop in a week or so.
    david