Skin Problem...very weird...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by scotlandrose, Mar 24, 2010.

  1. scotlandrose

    scotlandrose Member

    We all have very, very strange problems from time to time. Some are a little or very scary, some just another pain...

    I am 45yrs old. No skin problems except crow's feet and other age related stuff.

    Recently, I have been getting lumps/bumps/raised areas on my nose only. They start small, but get bigger and bigger etc... They are not red or anything. They eventually keep getting bigger till the skin hurts, and sometimes if they are near a nerve, i get shooting pains up into my forehead. That is when i must get a sterile needle, and puncture them. They are filled with oil, just oil. I do not even have to squeeze them to get the oil pours out just from the pressure. After one goes away, I seem to get another within a few weeks.

    I would go to a deratologist, but i am afraid I would be waisting my money. I have thyroid and adrenal problems, I kinda know its hormonal. Anyone got a clue or anything?

    I go to the FFC. I know their MO, and I do not play their games. However, the doc is pretty cool and we write my protocal together. Of course, he has no idea what the skin thing is and since he would not get paid to do a little research on his own, I can forget about it.

    Any ideas would help. I wish I could show you a picture of them. It just looks like a rasin or grape is stuck way under the skin. Freaky......

  2. HeavenlyRN

    HeavenlyRN New Member

    Hi. I don't have any ideas as to what these things could be. But, I bet there is probably some place on-line that has pictures of skin "issues."

    My husband, who has Cushings disease, had some weird looking bumps (usually fluid filled) pop up on his hands and arms a couple of years ago. He did see a dermatologist and the doc felt that it was a rare thing called "Sweet's Syndrome." He did a biopsy and, sure enough, that's what it is. He's been pretty luck in that he hasn't had a break-out in a while, but man-oh-man they sure were ugly when he had them.

    The doc suggested that my hubby see an oncologist because the presence of Sweet's can sometime indicate the presence of blood cancers. Luckily, all of the tests were normal, but we have to keep an eye on things.

    If these things keep up, I would probably see a dermatologist. But, that's just me! Try the internet thing and see if you can get an idea of what they MIGHT be.

    Good luck.
  3. cordy250

    cordy250 Member

    look around the 'net and see what you can find about sebaceous cysts or plugged sebaceous glands.

    See if the description fits anything like what you are experiencing.
  4. umm_denise

    umm_denise New Member

    I have had such horrible skin issues on my face. I am now being treated for rosacea with oral antibiotics and a topical gel. I was surprised at how well it has worked, clearing up my skin that was so lumpy and painful. There are even a few types of rosacea, and one can just effect the nose. Hope this helps. And my regular doc treated me for rosacea, didn't have to see a dermotologist.

[ advertisement ]