Skin problems...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SkeptikSharon, Sep 28, 2008.

1. SkeptikSharon

SkeptikSharon New Member

Ah, fun. Another new thing going on. I have these break-outs or rashes on my arms that get really red after showering. Some of them look like they are the beginnings of zits or something, but others look different. Some of the spots look more welt-ish and have kind of a dry scaly appearance. I've never had any kind of problems like this before, but now my arms really burn after I get out of the shower. Its weird. Its both arms, mostly on the upper arms, but some on the lower arms. Possibly some on the face and neck too, but not sure if those are normal breakouts or not.

I don't want anymore new symptoms appearing... Any ideas as to what this could be? I know some of you have experienced skin problems at times....
  2. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

It's so difficult to come to any conclusion about the skin breakouts, at least for me, due to thyroid problems. I have the red spots with the dry scalpy appearance on me but more places than the arms; it's my legs also. I do know that dry skin is one of the symptoms of thyroid problems, along with many, many more.

I hope you will get some answers; I'm curious also, to find out about these little skin breakouts.

Thank you, SkeptikSharon.

3. kblackie55

kblackie55 New Member

i started to get weird skin rashes years ago and it turned out to be discoid lupus. i'm not saying that's what you have, but i would go to a dermo and get it checked out.

good luck
  4. jenn_c

jenn_c New Member

Now I feel like a walking zit factory on my face, arms, stomache, back. Good Lord, it is even worse when I get my period. I am afraid and ashamed of the way I look. I don't want my hubby to see or feel my body. He'll be slipping and sliding before any fun can happen.

This bites. Jenn