skin rash????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jgckeyes, Mar 2, 2003.

1. jgckeyes

jgckeyes New Member

I have FM, was dx 3 yrs ago. I have not been on any med accept zoloft-50 mg for a couple of months. I am steadily getting worse, the last couple of months I have hurt more than ever. I am puzzled--I have noticed little red spots all over me, it is not really like a rash, they are just almost like under the skin and just red.
    I found this site about 3 wks ago. I want to thank all of you for helpful info. I was wondering if maybe someone could help with this.
    The new thing I have done is start taking some extra vitamins and minerals about the midddle of Feb. I also tried to go off of estra-test but was waking up more at night with the hot flashes going on. So I started back on them, but now all these little red spots every where.
    Thanks----puzzled...
  2. pamela

pamela New Member

I noticed these same red spots (rash) when my reactions started really bad. When this happened I read on here about Magnesium w/ malic acid. I started taking 3 of those a day and they went away. My rash lasted about 2 weeks and nothing I did for it helped. I have read that the rash is part of having FMS. So if you are not on the magnesium w/ malic acid you might want to try it. I also started taking the Panthoneic Acid too. When I went to the doctor about this they thought it was some kind of allergic reaction which it was not because the cream they gave me did nothing. Hope this helps...Pamela
  3. jgckeyes

jgckeyes New Member

One of the minerals I started taking was the magnesium. But at the time I could not find it with the malic acid, the one I'm taking has zinc in it.

The more I look at these red spots, they look like estrogen spots(dark red--purply). But should they be on my legs?

I have an appt March 13, with a rheumetologist, I don't know if I want to wait that long. (Paris--in Deluth,Ga) Has anyone heard of him? I was told he treats FM patients.

I am so tired of being sick and tired. It seems like every week there is some kind of new sympton with the FM.

Thanks again,