skin sensations anyone??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sp957, Oct 29, 2002.

1. sp957

sp957 New Member

Everyone is talking about the pain they feel, how about tingly sensations all over, the feeling that you have an electric current running under your skin?? This will wake me up at nite and last for hours!!
  2. sp957

sp957 New Member

Everyone is talking about the pain they feel, how about tingly sensations all over, the feeling that you have an electric current running under your skin?? This will wake me up at nite and last for hours!!
  3. JP

JP New Member

I have the crawling skin feeling often...just had it on my arm, still have it. I used to look at my skin to see if there might be an ant or whatever causing the feeling. Now I try to ignor it the best I can.

JP
  4. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I have skin sensations aplenty--sometimes lasting hours, sometimes days. Right now it's the back of my right hand, and the bottom of my right foot. Sometimes, I feel like little bugs are crawling on me, and so I scratch (as if that will make it go away---it doesn't, of course). Sometimes my skin just hurts. I've never found a med to help these strange feelings, have you? They just kind of come & go.....I've said this before on this board, to me these weird neurological sensations are every bit as debilitating as chronic pain, cause as much anxiety, sleepless nights, etc...and I have yet to meet a doctor who has been anything but condescending about them----like severe pain is given credibility, but the disruption to our lives that these feelings cause isn't as important. Maybe that's just my experience....hope you have a more empathetic doctor than I do! But to answer your original question, I think a lot of us have these skin sensations, I know I can relate!

Take care,
    Pam
  5. LindaH

LindaH New Member

Sometimes tingly crawly sensations. Othertimes my skin is so sesitive I can't stand to be touched. I have had to change my shirt because of this. Keep in mind this changes, sometimes a certain top will drive me crazy and other times I can wear it with no problem. My skin just hurts sometimes.

God Bless
    Linda
  6. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I`ve had really bad tingling sensations for a few monthes and they seem to be getting worse. Mine are in my neck, shoulders, and half-way down my spine.My neck is feeling very tight also. It all gets very uncomfortable at times.
  7. WorldFalls

WorldFalls New Member

Are those tingling feelings a part of fibromyalgia? When I told my doctor about it two years ago, he thought I had diabetes. I tested negative to that, though. It was so bad last year at this time that I never slept...it was SO distracting. I started to eliminated certain foods out of my diet for a few weeks at a time to see if something in I was eating caused the problem. I stopped drinking diet products (and anything else with aspertame) last October and found that helped a lot. I still get it, but not nearly as bad as I used to. I was accidentally given a diet soda at a drive through once several months ago and the tingliness came back really bad again for a few days. I wondered if the tingliness had something to do with chemical sensitivity? Anyone else have that problem with aspertame?
  8. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I went to the chiropractor yesterday for an adjustment. He took x-rays of my upperback and neck because my tingling, burning sensation was so bad. A lot of arithritis showed up on my spine. He said someone 45 years old should have that bad of arithritis of the spine. He said that our tight muscles but such a strain on our bones and joints[our
    whole body], that`s why we have so many problems.
    I`m not sure what I`m going to do about this arithritis. I think I`ll go to the orthopedic doctor and see what he thinks I should do.
    It never ends does it?

[This Message was Edited on 10/31/2002]
  9. herblady

herblady New Member

i often feel like i have little bugs cawling all over me. it's very annoying, it feels like fleas. i think it must have something to do with the nerve endingd. cindi
  10. whsechick

whsechick New Member

I get those tingles on my face! Really annoying. Thank all of you for your messages. It's so nice to know that I'm not the only one with all these strange symptoms. So I'm not crazy after all!

whsechick
  11. ephemera

ephemera New Member

Yes, I've had these since before my diagnosis. They appeared at the time I was diagnosed as having a ruptured disc. The surgeon never understood my electrical impulses up & down the legs. Even now, 1.5 years after surgery the electrical feelings are stronger & are now in my arms, too. Worst is when the electrical or vibrating sensations become very localized - like in 1 finger or toe.

My vibrations are worse in terms of pain, but the feeling of a slight electrical shock is worse in terms of annoying feelings & a sickness in my stomach.

Also, sometimes it's as if a light feather is tickling under a few layers of skin, usually on the legs.

The pains are quite distinct from the twisting pains I wake up to.

Neurontin seems to help up to a point, as do lidocaine patches & heating pads. Pains seem to come & go at will, not be caused by anything in particular.

best thoughts.