Skin sensitive to touch?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bigfoot, Nov 9, 2002.

1. Bigfoot

Bigfoot New Member

Hi all. Does anyone have skin that is super sensitive? If I have an itch and scratch myself, my skin starts to feel prickly and painful. I also get this wherever there is pressure on my skin (socks, a firm bed, sleeves that are too tight, etc.).
  2. Bigfoot

Bigfoot New Member

Hi all. Does anyone have skin that is super sensitive? If I have an itch and scratch myself, my skin starts to feel prickly and painful. I also get this wherever there is pressure on my skin (socks, a firm bed, sleeves that are too tight, etc.).
  3. LindaGa

LindaGa New Member

Yes I had this and was the turning point in my dianoses my family thought i was crazy when i said i felt like i had a sunburn,they asked if my skin waS RED BUT THAT WAS THE WAY I COULD EXPLAIN IT>i FOUND OUT AT A HOTEL THAT WE WENT TO 2 WEEKS AGO THAT A FLEESE BLANKET IS SO SOFT IT HELPS WITH SLEEP AND THE SOFTEST CLOTHES I CAN FIND I CANT TAKE ANY PRESSURE ON MY SKIN OR RUBBING.My mom always want to rub my legs when she comes in and it hurts so bad.LindaGa
  4. kadywill

kadywill New Member

the sheets hurt me at times. My husband thinks I exaggerate...I don't!
    Love,
    Kady
  5. Teresa6868

Teresa6868 New Member

I also have very sensitive skin, I complained about this years ago and was sent to an infectious disease doc which as usual turned up nothing. It use to only happen occasionally but now it hurts everyday. Another pain I just live with.

Take care, you are not alone.

Teresa
  6. ephemera

ephemera New Member

Yes, at times even a sheet is too much, no matter how soft or hold hold, it can feel like 5 lbs on my skin.

Other times a layer is so itchy I cannot stand it.

Ruffles & lace are especially baaaaddd!

Best thoughts to all!

[ advertisement ]