Skin Sensitivity to Sunlight - Anybody? Help!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nancyw, Jul 24, 2003.

1. nancyw

nancyw New Member

It seems like my body "over-reacts" to anything that happens any more. I stupidly got a sunburn TWO weeks ago while swimming/camping. Face didn't burn, but upper shoulders and back got fried. I went to doc (dx'd antibacterial Silvadene cream) then ER (dx'd Oxycodine for SEVERE pain) and this last week I am itching so bad I literally can't stand it. I tried the creams, sprays and Benadryl, but NOTHING is giving me ANY relief. Can't sleep, can't do anything but scratch and feel miserable. Calling doc again today to see if there's any prescription for the itch. It's been two weeks and it's driving me crazy. Anybody else have an experience like this -- something that shouldn't last just keeps going and going and going? More examples: last year I fell and hurt wrist; now I have carpal tunnel. Werid bumps on on scalp a little better, but after they're gone the skin underneath is darker and keeps peeling off. Anyway, I've been up since 4:00 AM itching and just wondered if anyone else is up. Thanks for listening and I would appreciate anybody's response.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Many of the things we take make us more photosensitive. You can take some Children's Benadryl for the itching and it won't make you sleepy.

Love, Mikie
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

In our library. Do a search on Klonopin and a list of articles will come up. Read Cheney's. It' explains why we get sensory overload to noise and light and why we suffer from anxiety. It is an excellent article.

Love, Mikie
  4. aching

aching New Member

I also break out in extreme sun,once in Hawaii,once in Florida.I had extremly itchy big red hives on my chest.Drove me mad. In Hawaii they called it sun poisoning.I took benadryl and it helped.
    Piper
  5. Jen F

Jen F New Member

When I was about 12. I had to be very vigilant about wearing sunscreen, specifically...what was it called..pro something? oh, I know, Pre-Sun.

But, it went away.

Have you tried aloe vera gel to help you with the burnign and itching?

Hope you feel better soon.

Check out my post about a site with helpful info on carpal tunnel.

Jen F
  6. nancyw

nancyw New Member

Thanks to all for replying. I'm still waiting for the doc to call, but did read the article on Klonopin. I always have felt my body/mind "overreact" to lots of things, but didn't know there may be a connection. I think there actually may be a bacterial or viral infection going on that is screwing up my system. Just keep having weird stuff going on. Again, thanks to all.