Skin Symtoms

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NyroFan, Oct 2, 2006.

1. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Hello all;

I have broken out in excema. It appeared on my forhead first and is creeping it's way down my face.

I also got my hair cut and notice that it is also on my scalp.

I called the dermatologist but he is booked til the end of November.

Does anyone know of any OTC products that can help?

NyroFan
  2. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I have tried the anti-itch creams, which helps some. Can you be put on a list to call if someone cancels last minute at your doctor's office?

Ellen
  3. Toga

Toga Member

You might have developed an allergy to your shampoo or other hair products.

Try using hypoallergenic products ie. Neutrogena, Clinique etc.

I have skin allergies and found I can use Aveda products.

Good luck. This must be so agravating.

Toga
  4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Thank you for your suggestions. I was so glad you had advice and options.

I think what I will try to do is to get the doctor to prescribe something until I can make their next appointment.
    I can only hope.

As for medications, the only change is that I was switched over from Vicodin to Percocet. Also I have been given Restoril.

I also tried the hyrdrocortisone and had no luck.

A walk in clinic is also a good idea.

I do try to watch the products I use, but so far nothing seems to be helping the skin.

Always something, right?

nyrofan
  5. carebelle

carebelle New Member

after trying to deal with terrible skin and scalp problems I found something by accident .When I was in the Hospital a while back they gave me good old baby shampoo and baby bath wash.

I've been using it ever since and it's really improved my skin. Also the cost is a lot better on my budget
  6. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

I suspect food allergies. Try eliminating each of the common foods that you eat for a few days and see if it improves. I'd start with milk, since that's supposed to give babies eczema.

In any case, I imagine it's some kind of allergy, and probably an internal one. Just my guess, though.

[ advertisement ]