Skin Thingies/Rosacea/Lupus

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bunnyfluff, Jan 24, 2007.

1. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

Okay, I was doing some research into the whole CFS thing today, and ran across something called Gianotti-Crosti Syndrome, which can accompany EBV!

So, now I think that is what my thingies are, maybe not rosacea after all, since I am in a CFS/EBV flare, and my skin has these things that don't seem to go away, too!!

http://dermnetnz.org/viral/gianotti-crosti.html

http://www.emedicine.com/PED/topic2555.htm

On other sites it says it can happen anywhere, and be only the face, and gave more pictures, too!

What the heck??
    It says that adults affected are almost always female.
    I'm sure that it is rare in adults just like chronic EBV!!
  2. elliespad

elliespad Member

I had NO IDEA my thingies on my trunk for YEARS was anything other than a rash, which I am famous for. My breasts, stomach and back has that look for years. Went away after using a new supplement regimen, about 4 years ago. Never really knew why it went away, was just glad it did. (Wish I could say that same for my ECZEMA)
  3. dononagin

dononagin New Member

I see a dermie for "rosacia" and "foliculitis" .. they think..
    my rashes have been confused a few times with the malar rash of lupus leading me to testing quite a few times.

I've never believed for a minute that I have rosacea as the onset was the exact same time I got sick. I mean what is the chance of rosacea suddenly starting the exact same time as all of the rest of my symptoms?

I have never bought the rosacea thing and still don't. For instance, do your rashes come up when your run down? It's almost like I can tell when my immune system is failing by my skin. I will get a flush feeling and you can see the rash come up. I've studyied rosacea sites and it just can't be yet this is the second dermie I've seen that is treating me for it.

I get lesions on the back of my head. I've been told they were excema, psoriasis, now foliculitis. Started the same time as all the rest of my symptoms..

There is more too this skin thing I really believe. There are too many of us developing rosacea at the same time as our "syndromes" on set.

hugs, dona
  4. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

I never had this before my CFS, and my treatments for acne made it worse. It never really seemed like acne! I would try to describe the lesions, how they started, etc., and the Dr's would just say, oh whatever, right?

But, mine stay for weeks like the websites describe, and result in red, blood-filled, almost like a blood blister in the end, but they stay red and raised, although they start out more like a scaly hard bump thingy.

I have 7 right now, and I am in a major EBV reactivation, and I think I am getting one on my arm!!!

There is more to this than meets the eye.