Skipping to the End of a Long Post Quickly!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TwinMa, Nov 22, 2005.

1. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

Here’s a trick I found for getting to the end of a long post quickly.

This is great for those long multiple page posts where you have already read everything and don’t want to do the tedious scrolling to get to the new stuff.

To the right of your regular keyboard and to the left of the number keypad is a set of six keys. These are toward the top of the keyboard.

1st row: Insert, Home, Page Up
    2nd row: Delete, End, Page Down.

Press the END key to get to the bottom of a post. Then if the post is more than one page, you can select LAST on the right side of the screen. This takes you to the last page of the post. Then hit END key again. Voile! You are at the end of the post!

I’m willing to bet most of you already know this, but I thought I’d put it out there for those of you who don’t.

Katy

[This Message was Edited on 11/22/2005]
  2. crumpton

crumpton New Member

I am an oldie and I didn't know this. I read many posts but go in spurts to answer. Lot depends on how I feel.

Thank you for this tip!!
  3. tandy

tandy New Member

I'm sure your tip would be very handy for me but,....
    I can't figure out what your saying!!! LOL

I know its me! this darn brainfog is really horrible today.
    Maybe I should just re-read your instructions tomorrow,..or next yr!! lmbo
    I'll figure it out.
    Just thought I'd thank you for the effort :)

Hugs
    Tandy
  4. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

Bummer! I know what it's like to feel that kind of fog.

When you are up to it, just look around on your keyboard. There is a set of 6 keys just to the right of the BACKSPACE key.

Look for a key that says END. Just press it and see what it does. The key that says HOME should be right above it. Press that and see what it does.

It may be that not all keyboards have the END and HOME keys. In that case, Never mind!

Hope you're feeling better tomorrow!

Katy
  5. Mar19

Mar19 New Member

I can't believe I never knew this before... thanks. Sure makes things a whole lot easier. :D

Mar
  6. dunnlb

dunnlb New Member

I have to press the Shift key and the End key at the same time to get it to work. Also, I use the gray bar on the right side between the up and down arrows to "pull" down the page. That makes it a little faster.

I wish this site had "page 2" or "last" at the top of the page too. That way, when we want to just check the last page, we wouldn't have to go to bottom first.
  7. pepper

pepper New Member

I did not know this and get so tired scrolling through long posts. This will come in very handy.

Thanks.
    Pepper
  8. vp

vp New Member

I dodn't know it either, I just tried it on this post. It works!!!!

Top - Bottom - Top - Bottom - Top - Bottom

No, it doesn't take much to amuse me!

Valerie
  9. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Hangininthere,
    You need to close it out by doing a < /p >. That closes the paragraph break.

I forgot how I did mine, but I had more of a page break than I wanted, but left it as is.

Hugs,
    Faye
  10. tandy

tandy New Member

Big task!! LOL
    Wow! thats gonna make my life alot easier,believe me!

Thank you for 'bearing with me' and explaining again :)

Big Hugs
    Tandy
  11. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I found out about that from my husband. I don't use it much, though. The PAGE UP and PAGE DOWN on the keyboard are sure handy. I cruise through posts using those.