SKY..question about what kind of FMS pain you had..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kkbains, Jan 9, 2003.

1. kkbains

kkbains New Member

Hi Sky,

I have a few questions for you... You were going on vacation and I see that you are back.

I am 34 and have had FMS for about 3 years. My main complaint is my muscles hurting. My forearms, bottom/top of hands/feet, my shins, my ribs, chest and shoulders. I don't have fatigue. I take care of my 2 boys (5 and 2) teach 4th graders and do all housework. But my muscles constantly ache all over but more in the areas mentioned. My body is pretty sensitive to touch. I started guai on Dec. 16th at 600 twice a day. I go in to be mapped by Dr.ST Amand soon

You said you got your life back....

Did you have the muscle pain?

What meds do you take??
    What kinds of exercises do you do?
    What do/don't you eat??
    And anything else that will help

Thanks,

Kuljit

2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Sky works and has been very busy lately. She comes here when she can. I'm bumping this up for her to see.

I do know that Sky is on the Guaifenesin treatment because we started it two days apart about 1 1/2 years ago. I can't speak for her, but the Guai treatment has given me my life back, at least as far as the FMS is concerned.

Hopefully, Sky will be along soon and see this.

Love, Mikie
  3. kkbains

kkbains New Member

4. Sky

Sky New Member

I try to stop by during my lunch, but some days it's hard to get here. I did get your e-mail and will respond to you there as well.

I've had fibro since 17. I am now 31. Only got the dx 2 years ago. Immediately went into aqua therapy, got tipped off to guaifenesin. Spent the next 3 months studying the book and another month going through all of my topical products.

My main complaint was the burning muscles all over. It felt like acid running through my viens. I had severe hip/leg pain. To the point that I could barely walk. I no longer have hip pain and running (I play soccer) is not a probelm at all. I couldn't sleep due to the pain either. I also always had severe left arm/left shoulder burning. I do still have that, but very mild now. All of my muscles burned to the point that I really couldn't do anything. Although, and I don't know how, I've managed to work full time through all of this.

I do not take any pain meds. I only take guaifenesin, calcium, magnesium, malic acid, B12 and most recently added Colostrum in the mix. But that is it.

Exercise... lots of it! Consists of aqua therapy for an hour Monday - Thursday. Wednesdays has soccer added to the aqua therapy. Sat. I have aqua therapy too. I have started Yoga and a weight training program.

For ME, my first instinct was to exercise, no matter how hard it was. Once I got over the hump of a month, I was significantly better - able to walk mainly. I will stand by aqua therapy till the day I die. I would look into that if I were you.

Diet... I definitely don't eat a lot of junk. Mainly chicken, tuna, salads, eggs, cheese, veggies, fruits, yogurt, cottage cheese, etc. I'm not on any type of 'diet' and I do eat bread once in a while. I have a problem keeping weight on so I eat what I want, but I never buy junk. I do stay away from sweets though - that is a major no no.

I have to go, but will get to your e-mail this weekend (I hope).

I know you are focusing on "I got my life back", but there is no one answer for anyone. We each have very different ailments. Mine only happended to be the fibro. Also, what works for one may not work for another. I don't know why, it just is. I know you deseperately want your life back and you can have it back, it just takes a lot of hard work. And I mean hard work. My road thus far has not been easy at all. The guai treatment nearly killed me in the beginning. So did the exercise. But I took baby steps and slowly made improvements. There is no easy fix here, but you can significantly change how FM effects you. I did a lot of research too. I also tried many things that have failed for me. But don't be discouraged, you will find what works for you, but you have to try. And from the sounds of it, you are taking that path now by being here.

Okay, I really need to go..
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

When I say that the Guai gave me back my life, I'm saying that it has made a huge difference and gotten me off of Morphine to the point that I rarely need to take anything, OTC or RX, for pain. It has also helped increase my energy.

I do have CFIDS as well, though, so I still suffer from fatigue and cognitive problems.

An integrated approach is the best as it helps address various areas of our lives. In addition to the Guai, I take Doxycycline for chronic mycoplasma infection; Synthroid for hypothyroid symptoms; low-carb diet for reactive hypoglycemia and insulin resistance (not to mention weight management); human growth hormone stimulant; estrogen and progestin; Klonopin for sleep, anxiety/panic attacks, tinnitus, and sensory overload; and hynotherpay to try to learn how to be a healthy person again. I also try to bolster my immune system with colostrum and whey.

Still, it was the Guai which I tried first and which almost from day one, got me out of the Fibro Fog and started my path to healing.

Love, Mikie