Slanket? Snuggie? Anyone know?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Juloo, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Juloo

Juloo Member

My husband and I were trying to figure out something for my mother-in-law for a present when she visits at Christmas. Her blood is pretty thin, and we keep the thermostat down a bit (we're only in Florida, so I don't mean freezing!).

Does anyone have either one of these and can give some pros or cons? I'm curious as to the kind of fleece. Also curious about what the backs of these things look like.

Anyone know?
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

I haven't seen either of these in person... but found a discussion about them here:

Sounds like a good idea; where I'm living right now, it can get down into the 30s/low 40s at night (like FL), and little heat is used generally as it warms up in the daytime usually to 70s (like FL) - at least by noon, lol...

all the best,

3. Juloo

Juloo Member

So I guess I'm not the only one who wants to know!

Thank you so much for giving the link. I'm going to finish looking it through!

P.S. Victoria -- I looked on your profile to see where you were living for that climate and saw the info then looked it up on Google Earth. WOW! That's a really high elevation, isn't it? (Says the sea-level-person...) That is such a big lake nearby, so I looked at some pictures that were posted on G.E. as well -- really stunning!

[This Message was Edited on 12/06/2008]
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

So which one did you decide on?

Yes it is beautiful here... and yes it takes a while to get used to the elevation change! I'm going back over Christmas, hoping I'll have a burst of energy at lower elevation (about 750' compared to 6800!) from super-oxygenated blood...

I can wish, can't I? LOL!

5. Juloo

Juloo Member

I was reading around and had sort of decided on the Slanket. The hardest thing to find was what the BACKS of these things looked like. QVC ended up having two different versions of the Slanket -- the newer one looked like it was the older one, just able to be worn the other way around. One thing that worried me was that one of the comments wrote that the fabric had started to pill after a few wearings, so now I'm not sure again. It's hard to judge about the fabric, because I can't actually touch it...I was kind of hoping it was microfleece like a blanket I have (it had a nice weight, and it's very soft and drapey to the touch.)

Something else I thought about was in a catalog I was looking at yesterday...and I'd have to go look to see which one it was...microfleece SHEETS! Fitted bottom sheet, top sheet and pillowcases! I was thinking another option would be getting her a set of them to use while she here and then washing and sending them home with her since our guest bed is the same as her bed at home. I pulled the page out...they're from The Company Store. They look absolutely decadent for cold winter nights!