sleep aids used

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by GBHope, Feb 20, 2006.

1. GBHope

GBHope New Member

Anyone use a muscle relaxer and something like lorazepam, Klonopin, etc to sleep?

I tried Skelaxin 400 mg and a couple hours later lorazepam 1 mg for sleep last night and actually slept pretty good.

GBHope
  2. achy

achy New Member

I didn't know how well it worked until I stopped taking it and tried Skelaxin for a month. I couldn't sleep moe than an hour at a time!!

10mg flexeril...I swear by it.
    achy
  3. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

though I fall asleep really late, like 1:30 - 2:30 late. It seems to be my rhythm, though I suspect I'll be able to sleep earlier when I get off the Wellbutrin.

I get cycles of insomnia, it usually corresponded w/ my condition of recurring SAD. I've used Clonazepam, half a .5 mg tab or less sometimes.

I have a herbal sleep aid w/ valerian, passion flower and magnesium that works well too.

Also have an herbal pain formula that works gangbusters for pain, but puts me to sleep, because it has the same ingredients as the sleep aid above and many more that relieve pain, but just so happen to promote sleep too.

Jeanne
  4. GBHope

GBHope New Member

I just feel like a drug addict taking all this stuff, but I'm a really bad flare right now and I know how important sleep is to us getting better and pulling out of the flare. How do I get over this paranoia that I'm taking too much?

GBHope
  5. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

For me I take, soma, vicodin, xanax, and trazadone to help me sleep. But also I am usually hurting and sore when I go to bed.

6. GBHope

GBHope New Member

what we have to do to achieve sleep and get to feeling better and functional.

GBHope
  7. GBHope

GBHope New Member

You're lucky. I don't tolerate the things like Zoloft, Elavil, Lexapro, etc. I tried amitriptyline (Elavil) for sleep at the lowest dose and it kept me awake. My husband recently tried it too and it didn't work for him.

GBHope
  8. GBHope

GBHope New Member

Just experimenting now. Now that the kids are grown, I can experiment a little bit.

GBHope