Sleep and Fibromyalgia

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mindy2, May 14, 2003.

1. Mindy2

Mindy2 New Member

This is my first time here. I am so happy to find a place I can understand, and be understood. I have had CFS and FMS for 3 years. I have mostly slept my life away, on anti-depressants. Recently, my doctor gave me Nuerontin to take, once a day, at night. It is used for many things, but to my delight, I found it gave me a wonderful nights sleep, with NO morning drugged feeling. I hope this may help others. As for the daily pain, I am still searching, desperately. I will continue to watch the board for any possible help. Thanks so much for such a comforting place to come.
    Mindy
  2. rabbitstoo

rabbitstoo New Member

Mindy,

I too take Neurontin at night and found that it helps so much with sleep. I was curious what dosage you are taking as I only take 300 mg and only at night and I noticed others on the board who take Neurontin take a higher dose and take it during the day as well as at night.

Thanks,
    Susan
  3. Mindy2

Mindy2 New Member

Susan, I am just on the 300 at night myself. I have found I seem to have a need for much less medication than most people. If I took any more through the day, I know I would fall asleep very easily. I do anyway. For now I will stay with the one pill a day, as long as it works to let me sleep at night. Good Luck to you!
    Mindy2