sleep anyone??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by stray, Jan 21, 2006.

1. stray

stray New Member

My sleep problems are 15 years old and very serious. Anyone really struggled with sleep? I've taken the scariest of drugs and the most natural supplements but I'm always open to new ideas.
  2. lauralea443

lauralea443 New Member

has worked for me quit well. I didn't realize how well until I in error ran out and had to wait a week befor I got my refill. I felt like a walking zombie, and realized that's how I always use to feel.

I still take naps almost everyday, but I don't feel as sleepy during the day anymore.

I'm so sorry if you have already tried Klonopin and it did not work for you.

Laura
  3. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

There are MANY posts on this board about sleep. A few things that have helped me:

5-htp
    Seriphos (for high cortisol levels - don't take without getting your levels tested)
    Calcium/magnesium
    kava kava
    ZMA (sold on this board)
    Melatonin
    benadryl
    flaxseed oil

These are all OTC remedies.

Also, some homeopathic remedies which can help are Calms Forte, nux vomica and coffea cruda.

The 5-htp and Seriphos helped me the most, I think, as well as the flaxseed oil. A saliva test showed my cortisol levels were high, and the Seriphos helped enormously. But many people on this board have the opposite problem, low cortisol, so it's important to get it tested.

Try Stormyskye's shake - I think it's the flaxseeds in it which help with sleep.

Don't take 5-htp if you're already taking an SSRI as your serotonin levels may go too high, which can be dangerous.

And again, do a search - there's a ton of info on the board about sleep. Good luck!

Mary