sleep apnea and cpap

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Debra49659, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

I am going for my second sleep study test...the one with w/a cpap machine. I am so hoping it will help with some of the fatigue. I am also a little nervous....I am not sure how I am going to sleep with a mask strapped to my head!!

If any one could send some advice I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Deb
  2. lrning2cope

lrning2cope New Member

I have had 2 tests . One without the mask and one with the mask. If you are really tired when you go in , it helps. I even got up early on the day of my test (that would be that night) .

Plus , they are very helpful and the place that I went to was very nice in trying to make you as comfortable as possible.

I hope this helps. It really is not bad at all . Plus , if you do need a cpap machine , you will feel so much better when you use it.

Holly
  3. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

thanks holly...you weren't to late....I go tonight...lol!! right now i could fall asleep at a drop of a hat. i'm almost looking forward the test tonight so i can go to bed!!

deb
  4. landra

landra New Member

I did not think I could sleep with the mask, either. But they use the smallest mask that they think will help you. After I got my CPAP I slept 10, 12 hours a night - there is a sleep deficit to make up!! I slept 8 hours in the lab!!
    I am a mouth breather, probably due to allergies, so I had to try a chin strap, and later a full-face mask. But I get in bed, tired, and slap that on and I'm gone!!
    Landra
  5. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

we went through I think every mask they had.....some caused me a little pain....others leaked, so I'm not sure why they didn't work. We finally settled on a full face mask and I am happy to go to bed tonight and try it. Thanks for all the support:)

Deb