sleep apnea

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 1horse, Aug 2, 2006.

1. 1horse

1horse New Member

I was just wondering if people using a c-pap machinehave less pain than they did???????? just wondering.. thanks Peg
  2. luvnewcomb

luvnewcomb New Member

I don't have sleep apnea, but my daughter was just diagnosed with it and they've ordered her machine. She hasn't been diagnosed with FM, but from what she's told me I do believe she has it.

It's quite a coincidence that I just spoke with her about 1/2 hour ago about it and then signed on to find this post.

She's only used the machine twice to see if it helped her and she was amazed at how much better she felt for a few days after only one night. Again the next time. She didn't hurt as much, had more energy, and slept through the entire night without any crazy night screaming (she has that because from what they say the apnea wakes her in the middle of her dreams and she wakes while dreaming which causes her nightwalking and screaming until she's fully awake).

I can't speak for myself, nor for her, or you - only that she was thrilled with how much better it made her feel.

As we all know here on the board - each person is different - and reacts to meds', treatments, etc. in their own way. This is just what she told me.

Good luck -
    L