sleep help - blood sugar drop wake up

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sofy, Mar 25, 2003.

1. sofy

sofy New Member

Do you wake up a couple hrs after going to sleep? Could be blood sugar drop. When sugar drops, adrenaline, cortisol and glycogen are released to raise the sugar and then thes guys wake you up. If you eat a whole grain snack bread, pasta, oatmeal or low fat yogurt it might help. If you have candida none of these are advisable so a salad with olive oil should work. I didnt have salad so ate a small portion of mixed chard, kale and turnip greens I had in the freezer. They were cooked but they still did the trick. 2 nights and I havnt had that wide awake jolt 2 -3 hrs after lights out. The carbs. are suppose to raise the level of serotonin and keep you asleep. I have tried several serotonin drugs and they did nothing so I think these complex carbs do more than that. This isnt news to diabetics but for the rest of us it might help. Its cheap and wont hurt you. Oh yes, if you are overweight go the salad or greens cuz the grain will go to your hips while you dreaming.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

If a person has reactive hypoglycemia, eating the carbs before bedtime will ensure an eventual drop in blood sugar. I would think eating a protein snack would be better for maintaining even blood sugar levels during the night.

Love, Mikie