sleep help please!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cozy-cottage, Dec 14, 2002.

1. cozy-cottage

cozy-cottage New Member

Hello,
    I have been using a product from GNC called Sleep Formula.
    It is a combination of 90 mg Kava, 50mg 5-htp, 2mg Melatonin.
    It worked great, but they have discontinued it!
    Now I can't seem to find anything that works as well.
    Has anyone tried Fibro AMJ Night-Time Formula? I just heard of it and was wondering if it works.
    I need some suggestions please.
    Anne
  2. cozy-cottage

cozy-cottage New Member

Hello,
    I have been using a product from GNC called Sleep Formula.
    It is a combination of 90 mg Kava, 50mg 5-htp, 2mg Melatonin.
    It worked great, but they have discontinued it!
    Now I can't seem to find anything that works as well.
    Has anyone tried Fibro AMJ Night-Time Formula? I just heard of it and was wondering if it works.
    I need some suggestions please.
    Anne
  3. teach6

teach6 New Member

Have you tried looking at our on site store? They have very high quality supplements at very reasonable prices. They also will refer you to articles to help you find exactly what you need and want. I know there are several products for helping with sleep.

Hope to see more of you here. This is a great place for support and info.

Barbara
  4. sheelanagigs

sheelanagigs New Member

have u tried tryptophan?it works great for me! don't let your doctor tell you it can't be obtained in the US. it CAN. back in the 80's there was a "bad batch" from somewhere outside the US , so the (tedious) FDA took it off the market...

happy sleeping
    una
  5. seaview

seaview New Member

works for me. I take 150 mgs about an hour before I know i will be going to bed. I go to bed late. It really helps me like nothing else has. Just my 2 cents.......Kathllen
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Anne, welcome to the board. I have been sleeping very well and deeply since Feburary.

I take ZMA (zinc, mangnesium and B-6), by SNAC co. But Pro Health has it here (the SNAC Patented Formula) . I tried the brand of this from GNC, and it did not work for me.

I also take a 3 milligram of Melatonin right before I go to bed.

As for the formula you have been taking, I never heard of it
    but you can purchase them as indivuals if you want. Pro Health sells; Melatonin, 5-HTP, and Kava Kava, plus other sleep formulas, but none here have all together. The closest is; 'Tranquil Ease', it has 5-HTP, Kava Kava, others herbs, but not the Melatonin.

If you will go to the 'Store' link on the top right of this board, then type in what you are interest in, you can see what is available. Also ask for a free catalog and a free news letter.

Glad you found our board, and I do hope you find what works for you for sleep again.

Shalom, Shirl
  7. Lanie

Lanie New Member

from my doctor that works wonders. It is really amazing. It is called Trazedone. I forgot to take it a couple of times and I was back to the no sleep, toss and turn bull that I had before I started it. It is not a sleeping pill and is not addictive.

Hope this helps.
    Lanie
  8. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

I also have a horrible time trying to get to sleep. I did purchase some ZMA from the store at this site. I started Anbien around 2 1/2 weeks ago and it helped. After a week on it my ZMA arrived and I cut the Ambien in half & took the 2,(female dosage),ZMA and didn't sleep well for a few nights. Then I went back to a whole tab for a week with the ZMA and slept well. Then I weaned the Ambien to 3/4, now to 1/2 every night with my ZMA. It's working great! It's great to be able to sleep again. I'll stay on the 1/2 tab for about 5-7 days, then cut to 1/4 tab for about 5 days, then I'll discontinue it & keep the ZMA which should be suffiently in my system to maintain my nightly slumber. I'm so happy to have heard of this on this site & be able to purchase it as well. Good luck. dolsgirl
  9. Kim

Kim New Member

All three ingredients are readily available so you could compound it yourself. It's great you found something that helps. kim