sleep medicines..do u feel really tired next morning?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AquariusGirl, Jun 21, 2006.

1. AquariusGirl

AquariusGirl New Member

I found out from a sleep study a few weeks ago that I'm not getting into Stages 3,4 at all(deep sleep cycles) and the doc has me trying 5 mg Ambien. I did sleep fine with it last night but I'm really tired this morning. Will that feeling eventually go away or are sleep medicines useless?

Just wondering. This CFS can be so frustrating and you never know if u are doing the right thing?

Are there any sleep medicines that don't make u feel tired the next morning?

Has anyone had similiar sleep findings and once sleep got restored--cfs improved?

Thanks--frustrated:(

Kelli
  2. reckabek

reckabek New Member

Im sorry u are having a tough time. I found honestly for me, ambien was the least worse in the AM...they keep putting me on these trycylectic anti depressants, to help sleep, and man there is no wanting to wake, and if i do i feel so weighed down..and MEAN...i am so angry, yell yell yell....leave me alone!!! UGG...dont want to do nothing. so for me ambien, i didnt want to wake, but i did and wasnt as MEAN...ARRR..haha...its such a viscoius cycle. i hope your body will get used to it...if it is bothersome, call and ask for advice.... take care, beck
  3. MssDarla

MssDarla New Member

Ambien CR 10 mg is what I take along with Mirapex (4 pills)for RLS

I never feel tired the next day. Matter of fact I go to sleep early and wake up early. (body telling me enough laying down)

Hope you find what works for you soon.
  4. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Hi Kelli ~

It all depended for me on when I took Ambien. It's important to be ready to sleep when you take it, and to be able to sleep at least eight hours. It might take awhile for you to get used to it but I sense that the real problem is that need to sleep longer. Can you try that for a few days?

Marta
  5. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

I was at my dr's office yesterday. she started talking about Ambien. The first thing I thought of was the horror stories I have read about on this board. I told her, No way. She said Sonata was her next choice. I told her I would rather do anything else besides sleeping pills if possible.

She put me on Cortef. I am to take 1/2 of a 5mg pill each morning. This is to help me past the slump I experience every afternoon. Then I am to go to bed at 10:00 p.m. with no night light or anything that might distract me.

If this does not work in two weeks I am to get the Sonata prescription filled.

I took the first tablet this morning so I can't say yet how it is working. I just know I'm afraid of Ambien after the things I have read here.

Linda
  6. MssDarla

MssDarla New Member

I have to say, I agree about the addicted part but, This pain AND lack of sleep is way to much for me to bear. Not to mention the resless legs, spasms, headaches,stomach issues too.

and not to forget my impatient with my hubby or people in general. Where as I was in the wrong.

I was so depressed. It was way to much for me to handle. So until they find a cure for my pain and other issues I am happy to get a good nights sleep.

Otherwise I would have to take meds for depression too

and I think I would get addicted to those too.

Just my opinion of course. and my experience
  7. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

I understand what you are saying, I seem to feel groggy the next morning with Ambien CR, but I didn't with Lunesta.

I quit taking the lunesta because of the AWFUL metallic taste it leaves in your mouth.

I just haven't been sleeping, period! All I do is toss and turn.

Good luck!

8. Juloo

Juloo Member

And two sleep studies show that I am deficient in Stages 3/4 sleep.

I have taken many, many sleep aids -- from supplements, to OTC, to prescriptions. Some worked when others didn't, and a year later, those didn't, and others did. I've even tried Xyrem.

I am currently on Ambien -- I split a 5 mg tablet each night. I've been taking this for a few months now, and I have had no problems with it. For *ME*, except for supplements when they have worked, this is the gentlest prescription that I've taken. Along with it, I take half of a .5 mg tablet of melatonin.

At the moment I am not experiencing any type of morning hangover from this combination. Unfortunately, because we are at the summer solstice, I am waking up very early with the sun. Wish I could sleep longer, but summers have always been like this for me. I definitely have to deal with summer SAD, and this is just a part of it.