Sleep Meds What does everybody take?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kriket, Oct 23, 2006.

1. kriket

kriket New Member

What med's help you guys out with sleep the most. I am sleeping pretty good, but some night's it's nearly like my body just does not absorb the med. or something, and I might as well have saved my med. for another night. Wonder why some night's your body just does not get the benefit from medication? Any suggestions or theories?

Kriket
  2. Gothbubbles

Gothbubbles New Member

I can usually get by on nighttime cough syrup with an antihistamine. I have a persistant cough anyway, and I only take it once in a while.

It knocks me right out.
  3. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

After trying a bunch of different things, right now I'm sticking with just Klonopin, 2mg. If I wake up too early (unusual), I take a Xanax (.5 mg).

I've been on this for five years and don't believe I'm addicted. I rarely (once or twice a month) take it for stress during the day. The dosage I need at night hasn't increased, and I can sleep without it. It just gives me better-quality sleep.

BTW, that Xyrem (Sp??)) stuff sounds scary, but I could be wrong.....
  4. kriket

kriket New Member

What is that? Is it for sleep. I don't think I've heard of it.

Gothbubbles- Oh how I wish cough syrup would work for me. I could save a lot of money!!!

Kriket
    [This Message was Edited on 10/23/2006]
  5. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I am taking one Ambien CR plus 5 mg of regular Ambien.

It works fine. I sleep alot though, about 9-10 hours. Usually a little coffee helps and once I am moving around I am ok.
  6. LOVED

LOVED New Member

Kriket, I take 150mg of trazadone and sometimes add Tylenol PM. If I am having muscle spasms or one of my mega tension headaches, I take flexeril instead of Tylenol. I also have sleep apnea and use a C-PAP. The C-PAP helps alot but lately I am back to getting up in the middle of the night for 2-3 hours. And of course, I try to rest in the afternoon. Without the C-PAP, I was waking up 59 times per minute. UGH!

LOVED
  7. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I take between 125mg and 150mg of Trazodone each night and sleep like a baby, usually for 8 or 9 hours.

Hugs,

Nancy B
  8. Seeseaisme

Seeseaisme New Member

I take 300 mg of Trazodone and it keeps me sleeping. Before Trazodone, I was averaging 4-5 hrs of sleep, now I get 7-8 hrs. My psychiatrist says I can take 400 mg if I need to. She asked how many hours of sleep I need. I thought that was a nice question, since most people think 8 hrs is a good night's sleep. For myself I could sleep 10 hrs at time, if nothing disturbed me. But hey, 7 hrs compared to 4, is great! I really don't want to sleep my life away.

Have a great day.

Charlotte
    [This Message was Edited on 10/24/2006]
  9. mosherpit

mosherpit New Member

or the generic Nortryptaline...it is an anti-depressent and I have been on it for a couple of years now. It helps me fall into a deep sleep. I haven't had it for about a week and a half because I didn't have the money to re-fill and it is really beginning to affect my sleep. My poor husband, I have been tossing and turning and waking up several times in the night the last few nights. I will be picking up the prescription after work today.