Sleep medslunesta, etc users and your final meal time? Help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jane32, Mar 18, 2006.

1. jane32

jane32 New Member

My Lunesta even the higher dose does not seem to be working anymore. I am so frustrated b/c my sleep was finally udner control. I read the directions today and it said to take 2-3 hrs. after a meal. I take it around 1 1/2 -2 hrs.

How does everyone else space theirs?

I eat dinner at 7:00 and then take my last dose of Valtrex at 10:00 with some food-bowl of cereal, nuts or fruit.

I then take the Lunesta at 11:45/12:00. Tonight I am going to skip the last dose of the Valtrex and not eat anything after 9:00 to see if that helps.

Anyone else have any problems with this as well.whether it be a sleep med that stopped working or you found a better way to take it. I have also heard to break up the lunesta and take the other half at 4:00 or 6:00 am in the morning when I wake up. Has that worked for anyone?

Thank you
  2. JLH

JLH New Member

I take Zanaflex, a muscle relaxer, for sleep. After trying numerous meds for sleep, it works the best for me.

We eat our last meal around 7:00 pm. I might have a bedtime snack, too, around 11:00 pm or so.

But I take my Zanaflex around 9 pm or 10 pm. It is pretty sedating. It says to take it about a half hour before bedtime, but I take it earlier than that.

Hugs,
    Janet
  3. elsa

elsa New Member

I didn't take anythimg close to the lunesta "time". My goal was to be in bed and ready to drift off around 10pm .... if you add the 8 hours you need to devote to sleep (while taking this med) that would put me in the wake up zone I needed.

In order to take it at 10, I made sure I had eaten supper, taken any pills that needed to go with food, etc no later then 7PM. That's be finished by 7, not the starting point.

To make sure it worked really well on nights before very important days I moved my schedule up some .... would finish supper, etc by 6-6:30 pm.

I really had good success with lunesta and it helped break the fibro cycle .... beginnings of feeling better. I hope you work this out .... keeping positive thoughts for you.

Elsa
  4. jane32

jane32 New Member

I have been waiting to take my meds at night. I now wait 2 1/2 hrs. and eat light when I take my lost dose of Valtrex. It seems to be doing hte trick. I do notice that oin the 2 mg. I tend to wake up a lot in the morning. I try to get up but fall back asleep. it may just be my body adjusting to ti.

I got my sleep though this week thank goodness but I am very weak and dizzy. I feel like the way I did when I first got sick. I am not sure if I am detoxing though from my diet changes. I guess only time will tell. But I forgot how bad I use to feel!

I see you changed your diet from before. What are you not eating now?
  5. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I seem to remember reading that Lunesta is more slowly absorbed if you have food in your stomach, especially anything with fat. I find it works faster if I haven't eaten for a while when I take it.

Kathy.
  6. jane32

jane32 New Member

Yeah it was weird I could not figure out why is stopped working when I started a healthy diet..I finally realized my new late night snack..hazelnuts, pistachios and cashews were filled with fat! Now I have them for lunch:)