Sleep Number Beds? And their use with Cuddle Ewes..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by butterfly83, Jan 22, 2007.

1. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

I'm researching whether I should get a Sleep Number bed. Their research about people getting better quality sleep was interesting to me.

I was wondering if any of you have one, and how you like it? And which model did you buy?

I was also wondering how this mattress would work with my Cudde Ewe? Could I still use the Cuddle Ewe or would it get in the way of the benefits of the mattress?

Thanks for your help guys!
  2. cct

cct Member

I purchsed my sleep number bed more than 10 years ago!

Have you ever slept on an air mattress? The sleep number bed is the same thing . . just a little fancier.

It was great at first, but after a couple of years, my body adjusted to the change.

Now, I am not so sure that it was the best investment. (I bought mine when they first came out and they were quite expensive.)

Over time, it has proven itself to breakdown just like any old bed. I have a queen size, which is constructed of two smaller air mattresses in the core (that is why one side can be softer or firmer than the other side . . the amount of air in the air mattress makes the difference in softness).

The space between the air mattresses is a problem. A sink-hole can be created at this location unless you are very good about staying on one side of the bed. Also, the foam edge pads breakdown relatively quickly. Those pads are replaceable, but . . .

When i go to purchase a bed again, I will think about purchasing another Sleep Number bed, but I am not 100% sure that I will actually buy one again.

Your cuddle-ewe topper would work very well with the sleep number bed. I have often thought about purchasing a cuddle-ewe myself, but I cannot afford one!
  3. Toga

Toga Member

I've had my Cuddle Ewe for over a year. We recently purchased (few months) a Sleep Number Mattress. I use them together and I love my bed so far.

I hate to hear about the breakdowns that can happen but so far I love it. My husband and I both are #100. That may because of the pillow top and the Cuddle Ewe. Its perfect.

Toga
  4. mrpain

mrpain New Member

Here's a thought I had.. Radisson motel has the sleep number bed so I thought about staying there one night just to try out a sleep number bed to see if I wanted to invest in one... I've been interested about mattresses lately and wish I knew before I bought..
  5. gkrrt

gkrrt New Member

I have never heard of that what is it and what is it used for?

Thanks
  6. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I don't have one but my DH and I talked about it a couple months ago and he requested the literature.

We were very surprised about the price! Way out of our price range. $1400 for the queen size.

We have a very good Serta mattress that doesn't transfer motion and I don't notice when DH gets up, however, the top is quite hard (it is a pillow top) and we thought something softer would be better.

I suggested a cuddle ewe but DH was not interested. So I suggested a Memory Foam mattress topper and we love it. We got it in December and are both sleeping better than before.

I actually slept for 6 hours one night! Didn't wake up for 6 hours! Usually I sleep for 20 to 45 minutes at a time.

We bought the four inch topper and the padded cover that goes with it. Came with two pillows for about $250 dollars from Overstock.

I have FM and degenerative disc disease.

Hope you find something that works!

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  7. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

Gkrrt - A Cuddle Ewe is a specialty mattress topper, made specifically for people with Fibromyalgia, that contains a wool that makes your bed very comfortable and doesn't stress your body's pressure points. It is a little expensive, but it was a very good investment for me. I see a huge difference in my pain levels if I fall asleep on someone elses bed instead of my own. My hips and back are so much worse then when I sleep on my Cuddle Ewe.

Thanks so much to everyone for your input! I'm glad to hear that the Cuddle Ewe does work well together with the Sleep Number. I am hoping to get to the Sleep Number stores, so that I can try the mattress myself to see the difference.
  8. Luxuria

Luxuria New Member

and I am just in love with it!!

I am sleeping better than I ever have! The cuddle ewe combined with my pillow top memmory foam mattress is just a dream. I'm so glad that I decided to get one. It really has been a life saver.

Bekah