sleep problems with husband/2 year old son

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by babybobby, Apr 1, 2003.

1. babybobby

babybobby New Member

My husband was told he had fibro about a month ago. It seemed like once he was told that, the sleep problem he always battled with got worse. I feel so alone alot of the times because he is always off doing things since he is awake and doesn't want to relax. I always tell him he should sit down and relax and he may have better success and he won't. We have a 2 year old that now sleeps with me and my husband sleeps in the family room on the couch. I do this so if he wakes up (my son), it doesn't wake my husband up. Does anyone have suggestions what can help him. I know everyone experiences what he is going through. Now that he knows he has a cronic problem with sleeping, he won't even try. It's hard to let him go like this. He almost seems like a different person now after 10 years of being together. I heard about something called Calms Forte that is suppose to help naturally that is safe to use with anti-depressents, has anyone tried it before? And if so, does it work? I feel helpless since he is trying to do this alone.
  2. JAREDKIRI

JAREDKIRI New Member

HI,

I'VE HAD FIBRO AND LYME DISEASE WITH A HOST OF OTHER COMPLICATIONS FOR 10 YEARS. I AM 33 AND A MOTHER OF AN 8 AND A 5 YEAR OLD. BOY DO I UNDERSTAND YOUR DILEMA.

I'VE HAD CONSTANT SLEEPING PROBLEMS AND HAVE BEEN ON ALL KIND OF DRUGS WHICH LEAVE YOU HUNG OVER IN THE MORNING. RECENTLY I'VE GONE OFF EVERYTHING AND AM TAKING MELATONIN.

MELATONIN IS NATURALLY PRODUCED IN YOUR BODY TO INDUCE SLEEP. I TAKE 3MG AT BEDTIME. I ALSO DRINK SLEEPYTIME TEA BY CELESTIAL SEASONINGS IN THE TEA AISLE AND USE AROMATHERAPY. I NEVER BELIEVE IN AROMATHERAPY UNTIL I TRIED IT. YOU CAN GET IT AT BATH AND BODY WORKS. I USE THE SPEARMINT A EUCALYPTUS CHEST RUB AND OIL. IF ALL ELSE FAILS, I'LL TAKE SOME BENEDRYL FOR SLEEP. IF I DON'T TAKE ANYTHING MY MIND RACES ALL NIGHT.

HANG IN THERE. HE NEEDS TO TAKE SOMETHING OR ELSE HE WON'T SLEEP.

LOVE,

BRENDA
  3. idiotsinc

idiotsinc New Member

I take 50mg benedryl and use ear plugs and a white noise machine or fan to block it out. Also found that the worse thing I can do after a bad night is sleep in. He needs to keep on a sleep schedule. Punch insomnia or sleep problems into a search engine, some good sites out there.

Bob